CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

"What does that mean?" I ask, out loud this time, trying to figure out what Liam had meant by any of that.

"It means. Jude is fucking specific about his little group. No one else really gives a shit. And he didn't want Matt in it, but Kate and everyone else, they wanted you in. You're likable, and well, Celebrity enough."

"Don't tell me, you care about this mess too?" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Fuck no. I just like the parties, seeing Noel drunk and well, fit chicks." He snickers, before realizing he probably shouldn't have said that. "You're the best one of course. I mainly look when you're not around."

Seriously?

"So what does this have to do with what you said?"

"Jude isn't a fan of fighting. Obviously he can't do shit about Noel and I. But he can do worse than he did tonight. And well, I don't want you caught up in his shit."

"Are we talking about the same Jude Law? Because I spent practically two months with him, and he was a saint." I say confusedly.

"Because he wanted to get in your pants Birdie." Liam sounds exasperated as he says it.

"I don't think so."

"Well, I know so because I got to hear him yapping to Noel about it on the phone."

"What did Noel have to say?"

"Told him to fuck off. He has a girlfriend, and could get with anyone of the girls here. Pitched a fit on the phone."

"Do you not like him?"

"God no. Once again, he's Noel's pal, and I only like the parties. Trust me Birdie. I don't like these sorts of people. Well. Kate is okay." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Right.. So why should I care about I don't know, any of this?"

Liam scowls "I'm trying to keep Jude from ripping into your personal life. Don't fucking tease him, or fight him. Honestly. I would ignore him."

"He couldn't possibly do anything bad. He knows nothing about me."

"Really? You just saw him do that whole scene downstairs, imagine what he could do to your entire life if he dug deep enough." He sounds desperate.

I sigh "Fine. You've got a point. I'll try to avoid him and his well, antics."

Liam grins, leaning in and kissing my lips gently, pulling me closer to him, an arm wrapped around my waist snugly. "Been waiting all night to do that. You're alone now aren't you?"

I press my head against his chest and say "I didn't want it done that way."

"I know Birdie. But they're a load of cock sucking bastards, Matt's too sweet for them." Liam chuckles.

"Does that mean that I'm not nice?" I pout, looking up at him.

"Do you want me to answer that?" He says in response, which causes me to just kiss him, not wanting to hear an answer if I was being completely honest.

"I'll take that as a no." He grins, running a hand through my hair gently before kissing my cheek and stepping back, looking over my face for a few seconds.

My head started to wonder, wonder to the question of when he'd finalize his divorce, get it settled out and be free of his whole mess with Patsy. When would it all be over? Truth be told, I didn't want to wait much longer.

It didn't feel right, or that fair to me if I was being completely honest, that someone else had ended my relationship.

And now I would have to wait for Liam, again.