First Night

Cassandra stood on the balcony in her nightgown, brushing her hair. Well, it was apparently a temporary room until she and Varian officially tied the knot. It horrified her that she wouldn't have her own bed or room. Her room had always been her go to when she needed to be by herself. It was a place of privacy, but she supposed that was all going to change now.

No. She wasn't getting married. She wasn't sharing a room with someone and she certainly wasn't sharing a bed! She was never even the type of girl that liked sleeping with her parents when she was little. Sharing a bed was never her thing.

She gave a startled jump when the doors to the balcony beside hers opened. To her dismay, it was Varian who walked out onto the neighboring balcony. He was stretching when he turned in her direction.

"What the-" he gasped in surprise. "Oh... Didn't realize they gave you the room next to mine..."

"They really did not want to give me privacy did they?" She moaned.

"Well, at least we have our own room for the time being," Varian muttered.

"Not too keen on sharing, are you?"

He shook his head. "I keep my room in a perfectly organized mess. Someone else moves something, I won't ever find it."

"No one's allowed to touch my halberd, or any of my weaponry," Cassandra added.

"Weaponry? Halberd?" Varian raised a brow.

"When your father is the captain of the guard, you tend to collect... stuff."

Varian chuckled. "You like to spar? I'll take you the the training grounds. My Aunt Adira can show you a few moves."

"Who is to say that I won't show her a few moves?" Cassandra snorted.

Varian burst into laughter, causing Cassandra to feel the blood rush to her cheeks. Her stomach starting to bumble with anger. Who was he to laugh like that? It wasn't supposed to be funny, it was serious.

"Ah, no, Cassie. Adira will show you."

"I won't be so sure blue stripe!" Cassandra huffed angrily. "And I told you not to call me Cassie!"

"Alright." Varian leaned his elbows against the rails, giving Cassandra a smug look. "I won't call you Cassie if you give me a chance first. Forget that we're engaged and see me through the eyes of what you would without the engagement, and by the end of the two months, and you still hate me, I'll stop calling you Cassie."

"You literally just ruined your chance of having a come back on me, kid," Cassandra hissed.

"Kid? I'm not sure that's an appropriate term, due to our engagement."

"I don't find Cassie appropriate for a woman who kicks butt and all that sort of things," Cassandra retorted.

"You are a hard nut to crack," Varian deadpanned.

"Let's put this on my terms," Cassandra began, crossing her arms. "If you stop calling me Cassie, I won't call you kid."

"You drive a hard bargain," Varian muttered. He straightened up, stretching his arm again. A mischievous smirk came on his face. "You just keep thinking about my suggestion of seeing me in a different light. Of course, you don't have to. I know you're stubborn, but you have yet to realize that so am I. I don't want to spend the rest of my life stuck to the likes of you if you're gonna just treat me like dirt. So, I minus well bring out my bad side to, m'lady."

Cassandra put her hands on her hips. "Is that a threat?"

"Oh, I wouldn't dare threaten you," Varian said, his voice laced with sarcasm. "Good night, Cassie." With that, he went into his room, closing the doors.

Cassandra threw her hairbrush as she let out an angered shout. She didn't care that it made a pretty loud sound as it hit the floor. It wasn't fair! She hated him! She hated him so much! She'd rather marry a pig than the likes of him!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Well, Cassandra. You treated Varian like dirt earlier and Varian is not gonna let you walk over him. He may be sweet and a bit of a dork, but don't let that fool you. You've just created a monster, girl. Hope you know what you're doing.

*Bonus!*

This is how I know I'm extremely obsessed with Tangled.

I play Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time, make her look like Cassandra and name her, you've guessed it

I play Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time, make her look like Cassandra and name her, you've guessed it. Cassandra. Voice 2 even kinda sounds like her...

And I died laughing because this was one of the first lines Chrom says to you