Wedding Day P1

Alright people! We're getting close to the final acts of this story! All of this story within less than a week! Dang! I haven't written this much in a while! Anyways, let it begin!

Also, had to make the meme. :P

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Varian was pacing in his room. He didn't even stop when Eugene walked in. "Goggles, you're only halfway ready."

"Does Cassandra want to marry me?" Varian blurted out.

"Last I checked, no," Eugene admitted. "Then again, how should I know how she feels?"

"I know she likes me, but what if she doesn't love me? What if she never will? What if her dreams are crushed because she had marry me? What if she hates me because of that? What if-"

"Woe! Woe! Kid, well, you're not a kid. Look, Varian, don't worry about this. I'm sure she's ok with this. You're not killing her. Breathe with me. It's normal to be nervous on your wedding day. You're going to be late if you don't hurry up though. You don't want to leave your bride waiting at the altar. That's her job to make you wait."

"Right.  Just gotta breathe," Varian whispered to himself.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"I hope I'm not intruding..." Rapunzel closed the door behind her.

"Oh, Raps!  Thank goodness!  There were way too many maids.  Made the mistake of kicking them all out.  Help me with this corset.  I can't tie it for some stupid reason," Cassandra sighed with relief.

"Here," Rapunzel offered.  "There."

"Thanks!"

"You're pippy today," Rapunzel beamed.  "Excited?"

"Extremely!  Although, I'm a little nervous...  but it's finally here!  The day I make him mine forever and we'll share our lives, our world, together!"

"Sounds so sweet!"  Rapunzel squealed.

"Did my dad make it?"  Cassandra asked suddenly.

"Yes, and so did your mom," Rapunzel confirmed.

"Yeah.  Wouldn't be proper if she didn't come.  Probably her only reason why she came," Cassandra muttered.  "As much as I hate to say it, but, for once, she was right.  This engagement was what I needed."

"Well, as your mom always says," Rapunzel began.

"Mother knows best," they finished in unison.

"Guess I can't argue with it this time," Cassandra admitted.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"You look lovely."

"Hey, daddy," Cassandra linked her arms in his.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?"

"No, you were right.  I'm happy, dad.  I truly am.  You picked the right one, because I love Varian more than anything or anyone."

"I'm glad," he kissed her on her forehead.  "Let's not keep the groom waiting then?"

"I'm ready," she whispered.

The doors opened, and Cassandra was being led down the Isle by her father.  Her eyes lit up as she saw Varian across the room.  Her heart pounded in her chest as she tried to keep her breathing even.  Her father left her at the altar where she and Varian held hands.

The Pope began the vows.  "Do you, Lady Cassandra, take Lord Varian to be your lawfully wedded husband?  To have and to hold from this day forward? For better, for worse, for richer, for poor, for sickness and in health?  To love, to cherish to death do you part?  According to God's holy law and your solemn oath?"

Cassandra hesitated, not realizing it was the end of the list.  When she realized that he wasn't going to continue, she nodded.  She felt slightly embarrassed, but no one seem to think anything of it.  Or so she hoped. "I do."

"Do you, Lord Varian, take Lady Cassandra to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold from this day forward? For better, for worse, for richer, for poor, for sickness and in health? To love, to cherish to death do you part? According to God's holy law and your solemn oath?"

There was silence for a moment.  Cassandra looked at Varian, wondering if he too forgot that was the end of the vows.  Then he spoke.

"I... I don't."