Wedding Planner

Varian was carrying a large stack of papers into the throne room.  "Ah, Varian!  Just the person I wanted to see!"  Edmund said.

"Er... can I help you?"

"Actually I was intending the opposite.   We've realized that you and Cassandra were running behind with the wedding plans, so we hired someone to help you out with the finishing touches."

"You really didn't have to do that-" Varian began.

"Varian, this Andrew Hubert.  He will he helping you set up the wedding."

For the first time, Varian noticed the stranger.  The man held out a hand.  Varian had to juggle his papers so that he could shake it.  "Varian."

"Leave you to it," Edmund said as he walked away.

"But-" Varian sighed.  Well, he was stuck with the stranger now.  "So, Hubert?"

"Please, call me Andrew."

"Ok..."  Varian looked at the man before him.  The name sounded familiar and he had a man bun.  He felt like those two connections were something of importance, but couldn't quite place it.

"So, what will you have me do?"

"I suppose that you can just follow me and we'll figure that out on the way," Varian said decidedly.  Andrew nodded and followed the near eighteen year old through the halls.

"I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised.  You don't seem like Cassie's type," Andrew said at one point.

"Oh, that's-"  Varian's eyes widened and the papers slipped from his hands and scattered.  "Cassie?" He whispered as everything clicked.   "What the heck are you doing here?"

"She didn't tell you I was a wedding designer?  Surprised she told you anything," he chuckled, continuing to walk.

Varian scooped up the papers and picking up the strays as he tried to hurry after the man.  "Why are you really here?  You lost your chance and you can't get her back."  He stepped in front of Andrew, blocking his way.  "Coming here only makes things difficult and hard.  Do you understand the rumors that could spread with you being here?  How this could destroy Cassie's reputation?"

"Think I care?"

"About money?  Sure."

"Is that what she told you?"  Andrew raised a brow.

"Look, I'm fine working on my own.  So, just get out," Varian hissed.

"Oh, can't.  You weren't the one who hired me.  Sorry, but king's orders are always over petty wannabe advisers."

"Careful, I'm still over you, things won't look pretty," Varian threatened.

"What?  Over protective over Cassie?  Must mean you don't have a good hold on her heart then," the man smirked as he brushed past Varian.  His shoulder bumped the younger boy's.  "Oh, nice hand print on the cheek.  Makes you look unique."

Varian huffed, following after him.  "You don't get to call her Cassie."

"Sorry, kid.  Had permission way before you did."

"Yes, well, call her that to her face, see where that gets you.  Don't see how she even fell for you."

"Because I'm everything you aren't," Andrew retorted, turning towards him.  They had stopped in the middle of the hall and he towered over young adult.  Varian had to lean back a little because the man was in his face.  He frowned and he gave the man a dark glare.  Andrew suddenly laughed.  "You're too easy to frighten."

Varian shoved the papers into Andrew's arms.  "Carry these," he huffed.  "Put them in order too.  Meet me back in the main hall when you're finished."  He straightened his shoulders as he fixed his gloved.  Turning around, he walked down the hall in the most dignified manner he could muster.  He would fight Andrew his way.  After all, Andrew was under his command.