Wedding Day P2

Not my video.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

The room gasped, many of the guests glaring at Quirin.  The man remained silent, trusting his son.  Cassandra gaped at him.  "Varian, wha-"

Varian gripped her hands tighter.  "Cassandra, I love you more than anything, which is why I can't do this to you.  I can't force you into this.  I will feel guilty to the end of my days.  I know this started off about duty, but it's proven that we don't have to do this to make our kingdoms get along.  There are other ways, but I can't break your dreams.  I can't tie you down."  Tears rolled down his cheeks.  When it came to love, he knew that sometimes it meant he had to let go.

"Varian..."  Cassandra was speechless, unable to find her voice.  Before she could react, Varian was already walking away.

"No!  Wait!  Varian,  you misunderstood-"  Rapunzel, who had been standing by Cassandra grabbed Varian's wrist.  Immediately, light erupted as both of them screamed.  There was a mini explosion of black rocks, knocking them off their feet.

Screams and shouts and chaos broke out in the room.  Varian's ears rang as he groaned, picking himself off the ground.

"They tried to assinate the princess!"  The Coronan guards cried.  Varian didn't have to move be five spears were pointed at him making him freeze.

"You idiots!"  Hector drew his sword.  "It was her that grabbed him!"

One of the guards yanked him up.  "Where's Cassie?"  He cried when he couldn't see her.  What if she was hurt?  Then he saw her veil hanging on a black rock, making his heart stop.

More rocks suddenly erupted around him, freeing him from the guards, but these were red.  "Get him!"  They shrieked.  Not knowing what else to do, Varian had to flee for his life, red rocks sprouted behind him. 

Cassandra had caught Rapunzel when the blast of black rocks had happened.  "What on earth!"

Rapunzel panted.  "What was that?"

Cassandra's eyes widened with realization.  "He's the Moondrop!  I forgot!"

"Shoot," Rapunzel muttered.  "Wish I'd known..."

Cassandra yelped as a rock shot up behind her, narrowly missing her.  It impaled her veil though.  "We have to get out  of here!"  Rapunzel yanked Cassandra out through the side door.

"Wait!  I can't leave Varian!"

"He's on the other side, Cass!  We have to go around!"

They ran through the halls as Cassandra ripped off her over layers of her skirt and kicking off her heels so that nothing could slow her down.  Rapunzel kicked off her own shoes as well, because they were holding her back.  They were suddenly cut off by a wave of red rocks.

"What the heck is that?"  Cassandra screamed.  She saw Varian running past a corner.  "Varian!"

He looked her way, and stopped.  Relief washes over him and the red rocks began to dim down.  Then seven Coronan guards grabbed him, making him cry out in pain from their rough treatment.

"Stop!"  Rapunzel screamed.  "I demand that you release him!"

"But princess," one began.

"That's an order!"  They let him go.

"Varian!"  Cassandra tried climbing the rocks.  "Do you think you can figure out how to take these down?"

Varian set his hand on them.  After a couple minutes of him groaning and gritting his teeth, they suddenly went back into the ground.  Before Cassandra could hug him, Varian suddenly tackled them.  "Look out!"

The sound of an arrow being released from a crossbow reached the girls' ears.  Varian hissed in pain.  Once they landed on the ground, Cassandra sat up.  That's when she saw the blood.  Varian's blood where he was shot by an arrow that was aimed at Rapunzel.