Enters the Princess

For the next two days, Varian was able to keep Andrew out of Cassandra's sight for multiple reasons. He decided it was best to try and keep it under raps incase it created a huge commotion. The gossiped would be onto it like wildfire. After all, his and Cassandra's wedding was like the biggest, positive event that had happened in the Dark Kingdom for ages. People would die for a good piece of juciey gossip.

The guests quickly began to arrive at the Pre Wedding Banquette. Many would be staying over the week in the castle for the wedding. It would make things harder to make the final decisions for the wedding with multiple guests, but Varian figured he'd manage anyways.

It was only natural the Cassandra's best friend would be present, though, Varian had to admit that she made things complicated. Since Cassandra's best friend was the Crowned Princess of Corona, Rapunzel, there was some conflicts among the guests from the Dark Kingdom. None were pleased with the Royal Family of Corona, but Varian managed to keep their mouths shut about their distaste of her. He also made sure that she woul have extra secret guards that could be trusted to watch her secretly. That way, there wouldn't be a noble from the Dark Kingdom trying to harm her.

"Cass!" Rapunzel waved as she got out of the carriage and ran up the stairs to greet them.

"Hey, Raps. Still no shoes, huh?" Cassandra smiled.

The princess blushed and turned to Varian. "I hope you don't mind. I mean no offense, but it's hard to make shoes that work for my feet and they hurt. But I will wear them for the wedding," she promised.

Varian chuckled. "No offense taken. Besides, when you aren't lifting your dress, no one will notice."

Rapunzel laughed. "Varian, right?"

"Yes. Princess Rapunzel of Corona, I presume?"

"You presume correct!" She announced.

"Here, Raps. I'll show you to your room myself. Give me an excuse to walk around instead of just standing here."

"Hey, Cassie... Just use the north route to get there," Varian advised.

"Why? Isn't it longer?" Cassandra asked.

"A longer excuse," Varian replied. The actual reason was to keep her away from bumping into Andrew the best that he could.

Cassandra smirked. "North route it is, come on, Raps."

Once the two were well out of Varian's earshot, Rapunzel clasped her hands together. "So? How are you and Varian? You two seem to get along very well. Plus, he's really cute." She winked and elbowed her friend.

"We do, most of time," Cassandra admitted.

"You let him call you Cassie. Who's idea was it?"

"His."

"Aww! Doe he like you a lot?"

"He has told me he more than likes me."

"Really! What about you, Cass? How do you feel?"

Cassandra remained silent for a moment. "I don't know what I did with myself without him."

"You mean like, you love him!" Rapunzel squealed. "I told you that this wouldn't be as bad as you thought! Does he know?"

"No, I've just hadn't had the right moment to tell him that I do."

"Have you kissed yet?"

"No... we almost did, but I backed out," Cassandra sighed. "Oh, gosh, I can't believe this happened to me... a month ago, I didn't want to have anything to do with marriage."

"Sometimes fate and destiny have a weird way of working things out," Rapunzel remarked.

Cassandra chuckled. "You sound like Varian."

"He looks smart. Is he smart?"

"As smart as I like to spar."

"So really, really smart! Wow!"

"Don't worry, Raps. You'll find your happily ever after eventually."

"I know, but for now, let's enjoy yours!"