Chapter 16

"What the- Shit!" I yelled, someone jumped out behind the car as I was backing up, causing me to break hard. That of course, with my luck, made me spill my McFlurry all over my pants. Thankfully it wasn't on Leo's leather seats but all the same I had to wipe it off with a paper towel as soon as possible.

"God damn it!" I yelled again slamming my fists on the steering wheel, I guess road rage ran in the family.

"Hey, relax," Joseph said trying to calm me down which only made me angrier.

"I am calm," I spit and got out of the car to cuss out the asshole who jumped behind my car, "Hey asshole!"

"Sorry," The asshole smirked and my breath hitched. Of course it was Damon. And of course Joseph had to get out of the car to make sure I wasn't killing anyone. Always a thoughtful brother.

"What's going-" Joseph shut up as soon as he saw Damon, clearly unsure what to do.

"Joe get back in the car," I ordered him, not breaking eye contact with Damon. It was mixed feelings flying around in my brain. On one hand I wanted to slap him for making me brake and almost crash my brother's car.

On the other hand I wanted to slap him and aggressively make out with his face.

Safe to say I was conflicted.

"Like hell I will Lydia," Joseph seethed, glaring at Damon.

"One second," I said to Damon and walked to where Joseph was standing.

"Let me just talk to him for two seconds, I need to go clean my pants so I might as well spend two seconds talking to him," I whispered.

"Lydia I'm not leaving you alone with that guy," He said, still staring Damon down.

"His friends are here," I said pointing to the two guys accompanying him, "Besides I'm just going to tell him to leave me alone, you know at school and stuff. I just need to talk to him. And you're my younger brother, you don't tell me what to do. I need to talk to him so stop acting like Marcus for one second and cool it!"

"Fine, be back quick," He snapped, but I knew I got to him. I would take my sweet time of course but he could think whatever he liked.

"Thank you," I smiled kissing his cheek, he just made my life easier. Option two would have been running away with Damon but that wouldn't have ended well.

"Come," I gestured to Damon and walked to the McDonald's restroom. He walked behind me so I didn't make eye contact but I could feel his eyes on me the whole walk there, I stayed silent. I hoped he wasn't staring at my ass, on second thought, yeah I did.

I walked into the bathroom and he waited outside. I wiped my pants as best as I could and sighed.

I was a little nervous, not of Damon, but of being completely alone with him for the first time since the party. Even at school Lexi was still 5 feet away from us.

Sure I got to know him well over the phone, I was more comfortable with him than most people I knew, but I was nervous all the same.

What if he tried to kiss me? I had enough self respect not to kiss him in a McDonald's restaurant no matter how good that sounded at the moment.

I walked out and faced him, we were alone in a corridor and it was getting dark out so it was a dim lighting.

"Lydia," He smiled stepping forward.

"Hey," I said and surprised both him and myself by quickly walking into his arms. I buried my face in his chest and inhaled his amazing smell. He quickly responded by wrapping his arms around my waist and chuckling.