Ch. 8 - Phenex Arrivals

3rd Person POV

???: "Promise me, Y/n... be wise and kind Demon lord in the future"

Said Mrs. L/n as she hold small Y/n on her lap while stroking his hair with a bright smile plastered on her face, causing Y/n to smile happily as he heard childrens laughing at the outside of the orphanage.

Y/n: "I will, Mom... just you wait... I'll be the greatest and the coolest Demon Lord"

Y/n jumped from his mom lap and hug her mom with smile as his mom smiled as well.

Mrs. L/n : "That's my son... remember this Y/n, me and your father will always watching you and always be proud of you"

Y/n's smile grew more widely when heard her mother words. Y/n always love his family as he feels the warm feeling coming from her mother embraced.

Y/n: "Thanks mom"

Said Y/n as he looked worried at his side when he heard the childrens laugh turning into agony screams, his eyes widened as the scene changed where he saw the orphanage burning down. He couldn't hold the tears that escaped from his eyes as he is looking to his side to find his mom already gone in his sights.

Y/n: "Mom... Everyone... Lynn...!!!!"

Young Y/n screaming, running while looking for anyone who's survive as the flame slowly burning the orphanage. The tears still pouring out from his eyes, desperately looking for survivors.

For the first time he is praying to God even when he is holding his head, feelings pain from it because Devils would get headache when pray to the God. He doesn't care as long his family saved, he pray to anyone, to Satan, Demon even to the God.

Slowly Y/n walking aimlessly, feelings despair losing his home and yet the despair enveloping Y/n's heart even more as he saw two corpse. Both of them are charcoal black and the size of children while clinging to each other.

Feelings hesitated, Y/n's hand tried to reach them. Y/n feels his breathing and his mind stopped as his hand touch them and they feel apart immediately, turning into the dust and the whind blew it away.

Y/n falling on his knees, yelling as loud as he can, even though his voice didn't come out at all. His heavy tears streamed down, soaking the ground.

"It was your fault"

Y/n twitched as he found himself in the pitch black, deep of the darkness and lights can't be found anywhere as the voices keep echoing in his ears.

"IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!!!!"

The voices grew louder and louder, emitting the sadness and wrathful feelings. Y/n's eyes widened as he feels hands emerged from the deep of darkness, crawling on his back.

"IT WAS YOUR FAULT, WE DIED!!!"

"YOU'RE WEAK!!!"

Y/n's eyes widened as he saw childrens coming from the darkness and crawling toward him. Their eyes are gouged out, only blood dripped from their eyes socket, their voice sounded like an broken music as they're smiling sadistically as if looking at insects or something disgusted.

"YOU CAN'T PROTECT ANYONE"

"IT WAS YOUR GODDAMN FAULT!!!"

They're coming closer and colser toward Y/n and with reflexes, Y/n tried to run away from them but it's impossible as the childrens was holding Y/n's on the place.