° FOUR °

Bimbo walked into the cafeteria and joined the line. Paul's words were still echoing in her head and if anything; she felt weird which was totally new.

She played with her meal card as the line loved slowly. She picked her snacks and places it on the tray before moving towards the counter and swiping her meal card which made the machine turn red.

Bimbo's eyes widened immediately as she cursed in her head. Just when did the money on her meal card finish?

It was then she remembered she even hadn't filled it for the term. She had been using the money that remained from the previous term. She looked around and seeing no one familiar; she hissed inwardly.

Seeing the looks the other students were giving her; she became embarrassed. Giving a small smile to the woman at the counter; she moved to drop her tray of her snacks but she froze as someone swiped his meal card.

"For the both of us" his clear magnetic voice rang in Bimbo's ears as she turned. She could only see the latter's side face as he walked away after carrying his tray.

But she only needed to see his side face to recognize who he was. Practically everyone in Boston International College and its environs knew him. Bimbo chuckled and smiled at the fact that she just got one of the most popular guys in the school to pay for her snack.

"I didn't even get to say thank you" Bimbo said as he watched him seat on a table alone. But she didn't dare walk up to him and saw thank you.

She pursed her lips before walking towards the table she and Dorathy always shared. Dorathy was already waiting on the table as she munched her meat pie slowly.

"What took you so long?" Dorathy asked as Bimbo sat down.

"I didn't know the money on my meal card had expired" Bimbo said as Dorathy stopped eating.

"What the fuck? That's so embarrassing" Dorathy said as she glanced at Bimbo's tray of snacks.

"So how did you get these?" Dorathy asked and Bimbo chuckled.

"You won't believe who I got to pay for my snacks?" Bimbo replied as she wore a proud expression.

"Paul?" Dorathy asked and Bimbo laughed.

"I would be so happy if he was the one but no. Snr Jerry paid for me" Bimbo replied and Dorathy froze.

"Snr Jerry? You mean our Social Prefect; Adeleke Jeremiah?" Dorathy asked with wide eyes.

"Yup" Bimbo asked as she tore the nylon of her chips.

"Madd oh!" Dorathy hollered and Bimbo laughed.

"He just swiped his meal card and was like, for both of us. He didn't even allow me to say thank you before he walked away" Bimbo said and Dorathy laughed.

"So that's not surprising" Dorathy replied and Bimbo nodded.

"I know right" Bimbo said as she sighed.

"Something's bothering you?" Dorathy asked and Bimbo nodded.

"Yeah. Its Paul" Bimbo replied and Dorathy pursed her lips.

"Just take it slow huh?" Dorathy said as Bimbo shook her head.

"That's not it. We kinda had this talk after Chemistry Practical" Bimbo said and Dorathy adjusted her skirt as she hitched closer to Bimbo.

"What did he say?" Dorathy asked.

"He asked me to give him back his time and space and I should stop glueing to him as if I'm scared he'll run away. He also said he gets mad headaches around me; I should stop helping him because I'm not Jesus and all" Bimbo replied with a small sigh while Dorathy also sighed and slowly unscrewed the lid of her Coke bottle.