° NINE °

Bimbo opened her eyes slowly and looked around. She yawned as she grabbed her wristwatch from underneath her pillow and checked the time. She shot up from the bed in shock.

Past 6am?

Removing her nightwear and undies in a nanosecond, she rushed with her bucket of water towards the bathroom. How the hell did she wake up late?

Bimbo walked out of the bathroom rushingly and tripped. She gave a loud yell as she grabbed the sinks by the side for support. Panting heavily she rushed back to her dormitory.

"Dorathy why didn't you wake me up nah?" Bimbo asked upon seeing Dorathy.

"I did you refused to stand up" Dorathy replied as she carried her bag over her shoulders.

"Yunno we have assemblies on Friday. Why did you sleep so deeply?" Dorathy asked as Bimbo pouted as she hurriedly dressed up. She grabbed her toothbrush and hurried out to brush.

The students were already pouring out of their hostels all dressed and heading towards the assembly ground.

"Be fast nah" Dorathy said as Bimbo quickly grabbed her school bag.

"Let's go" she said as they both stepped out of the dormitory and joined the horde of students walking towards the assembly ground.

°
°
°
°
°

Jemimah squinted her eyes at the early morning sun rays as Farouq raised his hand to block the sun rays from reaching her face.

"You guys should snap pictures" Sewa said as Faidat laughed.

"You don't know more than pictures" Faidat said and Sewa grinned.

"Have you gotten your passes?" Ing asked and Faidat nodded.

"Yes. We should be back by Sunday evening" Faidat replied as Jemimah hugged her.

"I'll miss you" Jemimah whined as Faidat laughed.

"Its just two days and three nights. Don't miss me too much" Faidat said playfully as she winked at Jemimah.

"Stop feeling important. We won't even know you are not in school" Sewa said as she hitched closer to Farouq.

"See ehn, if you don't want to come back to school and end up getting beaten up by me, don't bring food o. Sha don't bring it" Sewa said as Farouq laughed.

"Its food they will still use to kidnap you" Ing said as Sewa snorted.

Everyone knew Sewa was a foodie. A huge foodie at that. Her classiness ended at food and her shamelessness starts immediately the matter of food is brought up.

"I won't forget" Farouq said as Sewa pattee him on the shoulder.

"Guy, bend down jare. Its your head I want to pat" Sewa added as the girls burst into laughter while Farouq bent his head and Sewa patted his head with a smile.

"That's my boy" she said as Jemimah slapped her hands off.

"Iffa woss you" Jemimah said as Sewa chuckled.

"Bring meat too" Ing said as the girls burst into laughter.

"In the end, you are all foodie. Ole ni yi" Sewa said as the girls laughed again.

"Assembly will soon start. You girls get to your lines before you get in trouble with the assembly prefects" Farouq said as the girls walked towards their lines still talking.

Farouq turned and started walking towards his line before he hit someone. He frowned a little as he turned to face the person.

"I'm sorry. I'm very sorry" Bimbo rushed out as she looked at Farouq in a daze. The latter glanced at her before he walked away.

Dorathy giggled while Bimbo glared at her as they walked towards their lines.

"What's so funny? I was scared his eyes would burn holes in me" Bimbo said as Dorathy burst into laughter again.

"Today is going to be a bad day" Bimbo added as she glanced at other lines and saw Jemimah and the rest talking.

"Why are you staring at them like that? You know we are not on the same level bah?" Dorathy asked as she also folded her arms.

"I know nah. I just find it amazing that Faidat and Farouq are twins. I mean; one is amazing gorgeous and the other is damn hot" Bimbo replied as Dorathy nodded.

"Did you hear the gist about Jemimah and Farouq? " Dorathy asked as Bimbo turned to her.

"That they were dating? Who didn't hear it?" Bimbo asked as she turned to glance at the other girls again.

"They make a lovely couple though but I heard that Faidat said that her brother and Jemimah were just good friends" Bimbo said and Dorathy laughed.

"Friends carry each other on their laps kwanu?" Dorathy asked and Bimbo shrugged.

"There's no big deal actually. I can seat on John's laps nah. We are close to that extent" Bimbo replied as Dorathy raised an eyebrow.

"Ohh"

"Yeah and besides sef. As much as they look like a thing, they also look like they don't have something going on. If they were dating, everyone would have known" Bimbo said.

"Don't you know you are supposed to keep you socks up on assembly days?" Someone asked and Bimbo turned to see a girl frowning at her.

Bimbo became alarmed as she glanced at her legs and saw that she did fold her socks.

"Go and kneel down at the back" the girl said before she walked away.

"Sorry" Dorathy whispered as Bimbo sighed as she walked to the back.

Every time she woke up late, bad things were bound to happen to her. She had almost tripped after bathing, she hit Farouq while coming to the assembly ground and now she folded her socks when it was Friday.

Bimbo couldn't help but sigh as she knelt down. The day had barely started and so many things had happened already, Bimbo couldn't imagine just how bad the day would get.

Once she had woken up late and forgotten her assignments in the dormitory. The assignment was ten marks and the teacher ended up giving her zero. Another time, she had gotten into trouble with some prefects. On the more bad days were the days she ended up annoying Paul and having to follow him around all day till he accepted her apology.

Too many bad things had happened for Bimbo to know that each time she woke up late; it was heavens sigh to her that she was going to have a bad day.

Bimbo watched with boredom as the assembly started with a short talk and prayer. Announcements upon announcements. The tests were coming soon and all.

She tried to imagine the kind of punishment they were going to receive. She looked at the set of people kneeling down. They were about twenty students in the whole who were on their kneels for folding their socks.

Another set were on their kneels for draping their jackets. Draping jackets was a rule that should never be broken in BIC yet a lot of the students draped their jackets for style. The point was not to get caught.

Draping of jackets on an assembly day was rhe same thing as courting death. Just what were they thinking?

Bimbo looked around the students on their kneels and was flabbergasted when she realized that she was rhe only SSS2 girl admist them. There were about four SSS1 girls, while the rest were junior girls.

Bimbo immediately covered her face in embarrassment.

YOU REMEMBER THAT I SAID I WANTED TO FINJSH THIS BOOK, THIS YEAR AND GOD KNOWS THAT I HAD PLANS FOR THIS BOOK.

NEXT WEEK IS CAMP AND WITHOUT SAYING, Y'ALL KNOW THAT IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO UPDATE. I'LL BE BUSY LIKE HELL.

AND AFTER CAMP, WE HAVE JUST FOUR OR THREE DAYS LEFT. SO IN SUMMARY, I'M GOING TO BE CUTTING OUT A LOT OF THINGS, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BUT MEHN.... LMAOOO.

SO SHA, ENJOY IT. ITS PAINING ME BUT THEN, ITS GOOD ALL THE SAME.