° TWENTY FOUR °

Somehow before the end of the week,  the news had spread around the whole school that Sewa and Ayomide were dating. With the kiss rumour having been spread earlier, a lot of the students refused to believe that Ayomide and Sewa weren't dating before.

"Ayomide doesn't know what he's in for" Bimpe said as she started packing her things.

"What? Sewa is a nice girl isn't she? She's also very pretty" Bimbo said as Bimpe laughed.

"And as stubborn as a bull head" Bimpe added and Bimbo burst into laughter.

"I'm serious o" Bimpe said as she carried her school bag and packed her books in her hands.

"Have a nice prep" Bimpe added as she stepped out of the classroom. The class suddenly descended into silence and Bimbo looked up and found Jeremiah leaning by the door talking to someone outside.

His bag dropped limply from his left shoulder while he held his water bottle with his ring finger. He stopped talking to whosoever it was and walked into the class.

Bimbo swallowed her saliva as soon as he walked past her and his perfume waffled into her nose. She glanced at him and chuckled. For the record; Jeremiah would look good in anything. He always looked good in whatever he wore.

Bimbo quickly grabbed her Physics textbook and her jotter before standing up and approaching him. She had been trying to solve questions under that topic and hadn't been getting it. Tunmise couldn't either and Tomisin as well had problems with it.

She could only try her luck with Jeremiah since he had helped her before.

"Snr Jerry" Bimbo called softly as Jeremiah turned to her with a questioning gaze.

"I don't really under these. I was hoping you could help" Bimbo said as she swallowed her saliva again.

Jeremiah collected the textbook and her jotter from her before he brought out his own from his pockets and started scribbling on her notebook while explaining quietly.

"Jomiloju, I want you and your friends to go and kneel down outside" Jeremiah suddenly said as everyone turned towards Jomiloju and watched as she and her friends stood up and went to kneel down outside.

Bimbo turned to Jeremiah in surprise. She was sure she was blocking his view of the class somewhat so how did he know Jomiloju and her friends were making noise? Besides how did he know her name? Bimbo didn't remember them introducing themselves to him.

"That's all" Jeremiah said as Bimbo nodded her head and packed her books.

"Thank you Snr Jerry" she said as she sat back on her seat.

No one in the class dared to make noise after that. The class remained as silent as a graveyard till the prep was over. The class became rowdy the moment Jeremiah left the class and Jomiloju and her friends walked in.

Bimbo quickly packed her books as she had a lot of things she wanted to do in the hostel before it was light out.

"I wanted to return this to you" A voice said and Bimbo stood up to see Dorathy stretching a box to her. She froze for a while before collecting it and walking out of the class without a word.

Upon getting to the hostel, she quickly finished her chores and laid on her bed. She stared at the upper bed for a while before bringing out a box from under her pillow and grabbing her bag and bringing out the box Dorathy gave her.

She opened the one Dorathy gave her and brought out the necklace in it, she opened hers and also brought out the necklace. It was two necklaces but looked like one, joining both would form a writing on it.

Bimbo stared at the writing as soon as she joined the necklaces. Best Friends. She laid on her bed and faced the wall as soon as it was light out. Tears ran down her cheeks uncontrollably and she covered her mouth to prevent her sobs from coming out.

Tunmise frowned as soon as she heard soft sniffing and climbed down her bed. Noticing that Bimbo was facing the wall; she tapped her and turned her to face her and her eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Bimbo, what's wrong?" Tunmise asked as she sat down beside her. Bimbo didn't reply and just kept crying and Tunmise instantly tried to comfort her till she slept off.

Tunmise sighed as soon as she laid Bimbo back on the bed and covered her with her cover clothes. She rubbed her forehead as she climbed her own bed.

Even when she woke up the next day, Bimbo was still Bimbo. Her face was pale and her face seemed to be lifeless.

"Are you okay?" Bimpe asked with a frown and Bimbo nodded.

"Just a slight headache" Bimbo replied and Bimpe's frown deepened as she knew that Bimbo was lying.

"Then shouldn't you go to the Clinic?" Bimpe asked as Bimbo stood up and nodded.

"I'll go" Bimbo replied as she walked out of the class while Bimpe also stood up and walked towards Tunmise's class.

"What's up?" Tunmise asked as she scribbled on her notebook.

"What happened yesterday? Have you seen your bunkie?" Bimpe asked as Tunmise sighed.

"Saw her crying yesterday nigjt. She wouldn't say what was wrong" Tunmise replied and Bimpe sighed as she rubbed her forehead.

"She looked like she would faint anytime soon. Let's find her first" Bimpe said as Tunmise tapped her friends.

Bimbo wiped her tears again as another fresh one rolled down her cheeks. All these while she had told herself she wouldn't cry because of the two ever again but she just couldn't help it.

She wasn't that strong for something for such magnitude to happen to her and she would be fine. Losing her crush of five years was fine, but her best friend of five years? Wasn't fine at all. Someone who knew her in and out, knows her for she is.

The betrayal did take a bad toil on her, she had just chosen to ignore it but when Dorathy returned their friendship necklace the day before; Bimbo couldn't ignore it any longer. She realized that she had really lost her best friend.

"Bimbo" a cello-like voice called and Bimbo quickly stood and dampened her face with her hanky.

"Snr Jerry" Bimbo called as Jeremiah frowned immediately.

"You are crying? Are you okay?" Jeremiah asked as he walked closer to her. She was fine when he left the class the day before; what had happened in the span of a few hours.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo stared at him. For some reason, she felt like she could cry in front of him and tears started rolling down her cheeks as she walked towards him and without warning, she wrapped her hands around his waist and placed her head on his chest.

"I'm tired" Bimbo whispered as she burst into tears.

Jeremiah let his hands dangle limply beside him as he watched Bimbo cry. Her tears were soaking his shirt but he didn't try to stop her or anything. He just allowed her to hold him.

SO THIS PART OF BIMBO CRYING IN JEREMIAH'S HANDS IS A REAL LIFE STORY. NOT MINE THOUGH.

HAVE YOU EVER FELT SAFE WITH A STRANGER BEFORE?  SOME OF MY FRIENDS CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO STRANGERS COMFORTABLY THAN THEIR OWN FRIENDS.

JEREMJAH IS NOT A STRANGER THOUGH. I FEEL SO MUCH FOR BIMBO.