° TWENTY SIX °

Neither Bimbo nor Jeremiah knew how it happened or how it started. Maybe from the day she had hugged him or even from the day he had helped with her assignments, they had started to get close. And somehow they did get really close.

Bimpe crossed her legs as she leaned against the wall and faced Bimbo.

"I don't know why I still find it kinda unbelievable that Snr Jerry was the one who mixed yesterday's social party song" Bimpe said and Bimbo laughed as she opened her textbook to check something.

"I was there when he was mixing it and I was even twice as shocked as you are" Bimbo replied and Bimpe laughed.

"He's good. I've got to give him that" Bimpe said as Bimbo smiled.

"I heard he threatened Snr Prosper about the alcohol they brought it the last time. Yunno his dad has a coke depot and the school buys from him, he made his dad switch some of it with alcohol so it wasn't noticeable" Bimpe said and Bimbo glanced at Bimpe in surprise.

"Really?" Bimbo asked and Bimpe nodded.

"Yes nah or how else will they bring those amount of alcohols inside the school and the school wouldn't find out. Its BIC we are talking about here. What are you saying?" Bimpe asked as Bimbo laughed.

Students sneaking in contrabands was a norm at any boarding school. In other school, their students could sneak in anything but in BIC; even if you are going to sneak in anything; you would have to think twice and know the kind of contraband you are bringing it.

The school had a tradition of checking the hostels all of a sudden. For instance they might leave their hostels in the morning and when they get back to their dormitories, it would have been upside down and every time they checked; contrabands were all carted away.

Over the years the students stopped bringing in contrabands and those who brought in had to go through been alert all the time.

"So I heard Snr Jerry told him he was going to seize the whole thing if he tried any tricks again" Bimpe said and Bimbo laughed.

"Apparently, Snr Prosper realized that Snr Jeremiah never made threats but when he did, he always carried it out and Snr Prosper's dad might indulge him a lot but if he did anything to jeopardize his business; he wouldn't think twice before disowning him" Bimpe said as Bimbo frowned.

"That's bad. Very bad. Does his business worth more than his child? Parents who think like that annoy me a lot" Bimbo said and Bimpe shrugged.

"In summary, everything was clear. The coke was harmless. I heard Snr Jerry made the prefects check every single one and that if they covered up for Snr Prosper, he was going to make them take responsibility" Bimpe added and Bimbo burst into laughter.

"Just look at the way you are laughing. You laugh at everything that concerns him" Bimpe said as Bimbo shook her head.

"That was actually funny" Bimbo replied and Bimpe shrugged.

"But I'm not laughing" Bimpe said as Bimbo stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Your point is?" Bimbo asked.

"What's with you two? What's going on?" Bimpe asked and Bimbo chuckled.

"Nothing" Bimbo replied and Bimpe laughed lightly.

"How long are you going to keep up with that crap? Nothing? Even a blind man would notice that there's something with you guys. Its not just me; everyone sees it yunno" Bimpe said as Bimbo rolled her eyes.

"Why do people think there's something between two people as long as they are close?" Yunno its very annoying right?" Bimbo asked as Bimpe laughed.

"There are people who are close and I know there's nothing between them. E.g, you and John. He likes you though" Bimpe replied as Bimbo laughed.

"That's good for him" Bimbo said as Bimpe laughed.

"You guys are close but I know nothing, nothing is going to happen between you two" Bimpe said as Bimbo folded her arms.

"So what's with me and Snr Jeremiah? You all of people should know there's nothing going on. I'm still recovering yunno and Snr Jeremiah is...... well outta my league. Its a miracle we are friends so do cut out whatever crap you are thinking about out of your head. Next week is exam, you should fill your head with my books instead" Bimbo said as she yawned slightly and continued reading.

Only schools like BIC would organize a social night a week to the term's exams with the hope of 'easing'  the students anxiety.

Exams starts the very next week and the students had started full preparation for the exams. As it was just the first term exams, a lot of people weren't that bothered and a lot of students still played around.

For the SSS2 students, the term had been a very eventful one. From Bimbo's case to another case to another case. All kinds of events had taken in such a short term.

Bimbo glanced upwards the moment Ing walked into their class. Another event that no one predicted was Tomisin getting a girlfriend. No one could believe it and he just didn't get a girlfriend he got Therapeet Kaning as his girlfriend! The hell!

°
°
°
°
°

Bimbo pursed her lips as she swung her legs as Tunmise washed her clothes. Jeremiah had accompanied her to the boundary gate after prep before he had started walking back to his hostel.

"Tunmise I want to tell you something" Bimbo said slowly as Tunmise nodded. Over the days, Bimbo had slowly grown to trust Tunmise.

"I'm listening. What's it?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo pursed her lips.

"Yunno I was heartbroken by Dorathy and Paul" Bimbo started slowly as Tunmise frowned.

"This is about them?" Tunmise asked and Bimbo quickly shook her head.

"No" Bimbo quickly replied as Tunmise furrowed her brows.

"What is this about then?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo let out a long sigh.

"The way I was heartbroken and all, is it even possible to like someone again? Of my free will?" Bimbo asked and Tunmise chuckled.

"Of course, its normal. Why? You like someone?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo pursed her lips and nodded.

"Yeah but this person is very different. Although he's super nice to me and all; he's way out of my league. I mean, very much way out of my league. And besides I don't think he likes me" Bimbo replied as Tunmise laughed.

"On what basis did you choose to say he's way out of your league? You are brilliant, intelligent, smart and beautiful so what's way of your league?" Tunmise asked.

"Snr Jeremiah" Bimbo replied as Tunmise's eyes widened.

"Ehn?" Tunmise asked as Bimbo sighed again.

"Adeleke Jeremiah, my prep prefect, our social prefect; I like him" Bimbo replied as they both fell into silence before Tunmise rinsed her hands and cleaned it with her clothes.

"I chased after Paul because I was confident but now Tunmise; I don't have any iota of confidence. You know who Snr Jeremiah is right?" Bimbo asked as she played with the edges of her house wear.

"I don't have anything to say Bimbo; just a few things. I do believe in following my heart and everything that happens later whether good or bad; I'll take responsibility for it" Tunmise said as Bimbo pursed her lips as Tunmise arched her head at Bimbo.

"But before anything Abim, do settle scores with Dorathy and Paul else they will keep affecting you"