° TWENTY EIGHT °

Bimbo took a glance at Jeremiah who gave her one of his rare smiles while urging her to go on. Bimbo walked into the class and found herself walking towards a seat she had never thought she was ever walk to.

"Paul" Bimbo called as Paul turned to her wide eyed. Almost everyone turned to them.

"Can we talk?" Bimbo asked as she turned to Dorathy.

"You too" Bimbo said as Paul nodded.

"Sure" Paul said as Bimbo took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry" Bimbo said her words sending the whole class into waves of shock.

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you. While I hated you for dating someone else I realized a lot of things. I did love you but I loved you in a wrong way. I pushed you to the wall forced your whole world to revolve around me. I was selfish and I didn't take your feelings into consideration. I sincerely apologize for that" Bimbo added as the class went silent.

"I was really too much, wasn't I? I really think its a miracle you were able to stand me for five years. I tried to put myself in your position and I realized that I wouldn't have been able to hold on like you did" Bimbo said again as she sighed as she turned to Dorathy.

"You know you said those same words to me in the cafeteria that day. That I wasn't taking Paul's feelings into consideration and all. Maybe I should have realized then I what I was doing, the kind of havoc I was causing" Bimbo said as she chuckled.

"And I also want to tell you something. You said something like you can't sacrifice for anyone until you are sure that the other person is ready to sacrifice for you as well. Later on, I thought you were right and when I thought about it I realized that you were so wrong" Bimbo added as she sighed again.

"Sacrificing for someone without expecting the person to sacrifice for you; that's what love is all about. Its about giving not taking or collecting" Bimbo said as she smiled lightly.

"Paul, I am really sorry and I hope you find somewhere in your heart to forgive me. And this apology, I really do mean it" Bimbo said as Paul finally found his voice.

"Its okay. I forgive you" Paul said as Bimbo nodded.

"You guys did use a cruel way to get me off your back but that cruel way did make me see what I was doing, how I had reduced myself. It did also teach me a lot of things. You know I used to tell myself that there's no life without Paul, funny how I've been living a better life without you" Bimbo said as she sighed again.

"I do feel better" Bimbo added as Dorathy moved closer to her.

"Err.... Bimbo; there's something you need to know" Dorathy said as Bimbo turned to her.

"What is it?" Bimbo asked as Paul stepped forward and pushed Dorathy behind him.

"I and Dorathy's relationship was at first a ploy to get you off my back" Paul said as the class descended into silence and Bimbo stared blankly at Paul.

"But along the line, we did fall in love with each other. I'm so sorry we had to make you go through such a betrayal. I'm saying this so that you can find a way to forgive Dorathy. She never forgot you and the reason why she returned your friendship necklace was because she felt so guilty" Paul added as everyone waited to hear what Bimbo would say.

"Wow" was all Bimbo could say at first before she laughed lightly.

"So everything was just to make me get off your back? I must have really been a pain in the ass" Bimbo added as she stared at both Paul and Dorathy. 

"So?" Bimbo asked as everyone wore confused looks on their faces.

"So what? What is that going to change? Nothing right?" Bimbo asked as she nodded her head.

"Its going to change nothing" Bimbo replied as she nodded again.

"I'm not here to push blame on anybody. Whatever has happened as happen. You two should also realize that I came to apologize because I felt and knew that I was wrong, I didn't come here to make up with you two" Bimbo said as she turned to Dorathy.

"For five years you were my best friend. We do have a lot of many memories and yes, most of my happiest memories were all with you and that I'm grateful for. That you made me happy for a time in my life. At a time you deserved to be my best friend but not any longer. Paul, Dorathy; I do wish you both the best in life" Bimbo said as she smiled and walked out of the class.

Bimbo walked towards Jeremiah and sighed as the latter released his hands and slid it into his pockets.

"Let's go" Jeremiah said as he started walking away while Bimbo followed suit.

"Did I do well?" Bimbo asked as soon as they got to the garden and Jeremiah turned to her as he spread his arms open.

"Do you want a hug?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo smiled before walking towards him and hugging him.

"You did well. I was surprised" Jeremiah said as he patted her head.

"I'm going to throw away those friendship necklace" Bimbo said as Jeremiah sat down.

"Why? Do you have to throw it away? You just have to give it to someone who deserves it" Jeremiah replied as Bimbo sat beside him.

"Who deserves it?" Bimbo asked as Jeremiah shrugged.

"That's for you to find out" Jeremiah replied as he sighed and rubbed his forehead while Bimbo pursed her lips.

An awkward silence suddenly erupted between both of them and none of them said anything. Even after listening to what Paul had said about him and Dorathy; Bimbo had thought she would get angry or say something but she surprisingly didn't feel anything.

Even after apologizing and all; the calm feeling that over took her soul was overwhelming. She wasn't happy but she knew she would be fine or rather she was fine.

She glanced at Jeremiah who had closed his eyes and hitched closer to him to admire his features. Even though his eyes were closed; his lashes still trembled slightly.

Why was it that whenever he was around; everything always turned out fine?

Jeremiah suddenly opened his eyes and Bimbo quickly jerked backwards and as her head also hit the cemented bench, Jeremiah quickly stretched his hand to cover the back of her head.

"What are you doing?" Jeremiah asked as Bimbo pursed her lips and lowered her head.

"What is it again?" Jeremiah asked helplessly.

"I like someone..... again. I want to chase the person but I can't. Not because I'm scared that he'll dump me again but because he might never like me" Bimbo said as Jeremiah chuckled and threw his head backwards masking the emotion in his eyes.

"You haven't tried and you are giving up?" Jeremiah asked and Bimbo chuckled.

"You think I should give it a try?"