CHAPTER 23

Kalina's outfit.

"Trouble in the winter Mansion. Kalina Winter has been spotted spending several nights at bestfriend Keith Harrison's apartment. Did something happen to our favorite couple?

Also in other news, newly wed couple Elliott Williams and wife Keisha Williams are expecting a baby. Let's us congratulate the two at this weekends celebration, hosted by the Williams...."

The reporter trails off as I flip the channel looking for a movie to watch.

"You better go back to your husband soon, because quite frankly I don't like the paparazzi camped out my house." Keith whines, as he walks through the apartment doors, bags of food in hand as he places them on the table.

"What did you bring?" I question, ignoring his previous comment.

"Hey, young lady I know what your doing. You can't keep avoiding the topic for goodness sakes." He groans as he hands me some fries.

"Why did you take long, in was starving."

"Kalina, can we get serious for a moment and talk about your husband." He says angrily, as I am taken back by his tone. "Look K as your friend, I'm going to be straight with you.  You need to fix things, avoiding all his calls and texts is being petty and childish. He apologized he did his part, now you just have accept his apology and move on with your lives together. Because I will not stand by and watch you ruin what you two have built together." He says calmly.

I look at him weirdly wondering when my annoying, curly headed bestfriend became so mature.

"Whatever." I shrug as I pick up my food and walk to the guestroom.

Honestly, when Kai assumed that I would go and cheat on him. That shit stung. And maybe just maybe I was blowing the whole thing out of proportion, but seeing him look at me like that hurt. Relationship are based on trust, and knowing the he could just think I cheated like that hurt.

I'll admit, if I were in his position I would've thought the same, but the fact that he didn't apologize until after two days is what pissed me off.

Letting out a frustrated scream, I stuff a handful of fries in my mouth and chew angrily.

***

"How did you even get your things?" Keith asks, as he drives us over to Elliott's Mansion for the party.

"I snuck in when he was at work." I shrug, remembering how I begged the staff not to tell him I was there.

"Well, I hope you run out soon, because if you don't make up with him today, you're going to have somewhere else to sleep." He says.

"Why are you so mean." I pout.

"I'm tired of your husband calling everyday to check and see how you're doing. For goodness sakes talk to the poor guy his desperate!!!!" He cries, parking his car in front of the vallets.