Surprises

Logan skipped the elevator opting for the stairs to rush the unconscious K to the lab. At first her head lolled, and her arms hung limp. He practically jumped down the stairwell, clutching her little frame tightly to him. Bobby followed on an ice slide, relaying to Hank on a com link what was happening and what Logan had suspected. Remy rushed ahead of both of them to be sure the doors were open once Logan reached the bottom and the path to the lab was clear.

"Where's the Elf when I need him," Logan muttered under his breath when all at once, the girl in his arms went rigid, and he very nearly dropped her. He paused, taking a knee as he readjusted his grip on her before finally opting to toss her over his shoulder when she went limp again. He just hoped she wouldn't tense up and make him drop her. As he passed Remy at a dead run towards the lab, he felt a sharp pain in his back that shocked him to his core.

"What the hell?" he half shouted as he went down. He tried to keep her from hitting her head, cushioning her fall with his hands as he tumbled over her. Remy ran to them, swearing loudly in French as he tried to pull K from Logan as she attacked him. She was swinging blind in a panic.

Logan darted back in to her and pinned her to the ground after a short wrestling match. He grappled at her hands once he got the upper edge, using his weight to pin her as Bobby ran for Hank.

He managed to get one arm pressed to the floor next to her head as she struggled and screamed, fighting like a little wild cat to stab him, which she did- in his side while her arm flung around. He cried out then gritted his teeth, grasping her wrist before she could twist it or take another shot. He pulled her arm from his side straight out and wrestled her hands above her head.

Once he'd removed her best way to defend herself, she really started to struggle. Her head whipped back and forth as she tried to bite him. She tried bucking him off of her to no effect while she vacillated between screams and a very mumbled "no". He knew all at once that this wasn't the first time someone had pinned her down like this. And whoever had done it before hadn't listened to her pleas to stop.

"I'm not gonna hurt you," Logan told her grimly, though it was clear she hadn't really heard him. He looked to her pinned arms and took a deep breath to steady himself. This girl had claws.

Remy let out a low whistle when he saw the damage she'd done to Logan. Though the bleeding had already stopped, she'd stuck him good. He had blood all down one leg of his jeans, and his shirt was soaked where she'd got him in the side. He shifted his weight lower to sit more on her legs when she tried to pull a leg around his neck as Hank came out of the lab in a rush.

"Oh, dear," Hank mumbled as he watched the woman's thrashing start to slow, her breaths coming in fast and shallow and her heart racing quick little beats. Logan had just opened his mouth to ask Hank about the girl's claws when the collar started beeping.

"Damnit," Logan muttered as Hank dropped down next to them. He used a syringe of something to counteract what he'd suspected as common horse tranquilizers. With the needle in her arm, he depressed the plunger while Logan held her fast, unsure of what her reaction would be. Within a few seconds, K relaxed. Her breathing evened out and her heart found a more normal pace. Another minute later and beeping stopped. The two men shared a look and let out all their breath.

Hank started her IV and pulled some blood from her other arm as Logan kept his grip on her, just in case.

"Can you get her to a gurney?" Hank asked quietly. Logan nodded in response before he moved off of her then kneeled next to her and gently picked her up.

"Did you know about the claws?" Logan asked, a concerned look on his face.

"No. I suspected, but at the time it seemed rude to ask when she was acting so skittish. Are you alright?" Hank asked as he looked at the blood on his friend.