Old Times

Damn that's a lot of blood going down the drain, K thought to herself as she leaned against the wall of the shower. For a moment, she wondered if it would ever stop.

Wrapped in a towel she finally emerged from the bathroom and was greeted by both Logan and his little friend, Jubilee. She glanced between the two of them and let out a breath. Still wet, she chose not to sit on the bed or cross the hallway for fresh clothes. Her whole body was buzzing as it worked overtime to restore the blood she'd lost. Besides, the two of them looked like they wanted their answers immediately and Logan simply hadn't bothered to go bring her something to wear of her own. So instead, she opted for the only open seat, next to Jubilee. The girl hadn't really appeared to care for her much and she'd made a point to glare at K every time she'd laid eyes on her.

However, for the time being, Jubilee simply watched her wide eyed as K made her decision on where to sit while she made sure that K saw there was room to share the love seat with her.

Well, what the hell. Why not, K thought before she made a beeline for the girl and very ungracefully plopped herself down next to her.

"Hey," K whispered out as she sat down and leaned her head back, turning her head toward the girl as she tried to stretch a little in an attempt to just rest when Jubilee broke the silence.

"Will you tell me about him?" Jubilee asked "I mean. Sabretooth."

K lifted her head as she looked at the girl next to her and nodded. "What do you want to know?" K asked quietly, her tone conversational.

"Well, for starters what's your beef with him?" Jubilee asked. "And where did you learn to utterly wipe the floor with him?"

K narrowed her eyes and took a deep breath before she let it out slowly, clearly trying to decide the best way to describe it. "Well," she started "You know he's a psychopath that likes to rape, mutilate, torture and murder women – not necessarily in that order." She tipped her head toward the floor and recrossed her legs, frowning at her own commentary.

"Did he ... hurt you?" Jubilee asked timidly. She didn't want to ask outright if Sabretooth had forced himself on her, though she really wanted to know.

"Oh, sure," K replied with a wave. "Many times in many ways. Broken more bones than I can count. Bruises, cuts, all kinds of things. Usually I was restrained in one way or another." Her gaze was firmly on the carpet and not toward any of the people sharing the room with her.

"They let him torture you?" Logan asked, not entirely surprised that Weapon X still employed the bastard after all these years, but still angry that he was indeed doing this kind of thing for fun.

K looked up at him before carefully choosing her words. She didn't want to imply more than what had happened. "Everyone has their talents, don't they? He's exceptionally good at torture and mind games. And who else would do such a thorough job of it for them?" she asked earnestly.

Although it irritated him, she had a damn good point. "What did he do?" he asked seriously, anxiety written clearly on his face.

She smiled sadly, as she shifted, suddenly uncomfortable under his stare. "Not ... as much as he wanted to. He made all kinds of promises that I know he means to at least try to make good on one day," K said slowly. She sighed heavily before she continued. "To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why he hasn't done it already."

Jubilee turned in her seat, watching K stare off, not really seeing anything. Without thinking about it, Jubilee leaned over suddenly and wrapped her up in a hug. "We won't let that loser touch you again. Don't worry."