High Tech Hunting

Logan sat with his head in his hands leaning on his elbows in the ready room. He stared down at the keyboard after he'd read through the reports from Daisy's extraction run. It was the first time that he could remember Scott being unable to give a full report due to him not being conscious for part of the mission.

All reports were complete, and if they were accurate, then he had to do something about Creed before he and K went head to head again. Her fury made her a more formidable opponent, it seemed, at least from what Gambit and Rogue reported. Scott had probably done the right thing at the end of the conflict when he blasted Creed, but it was clear from K's reaction to Daisy ending up pregnant from the fiasco that K wanted more than to put Creed's head on a stick and light it on fire. He didn't move a muscle when Scott walked in holding an extra cup of coffee with his name on it. Logan let out a little sigh as Scott wordlessly set the mug down in front of Logan.

"What's this for, Scooter?" he asked without bothering to lift his head.

"Thought you could use it. Your fiance is trying to talk Jean into looking for Creed. She wants to go after him. Today," Scott said as Logan leaned back and stretched out wearily in the chair then leaned forward to pick up the coffee.

"She means to kill him, Scott. I don't begrudge her that, but she's gonna get herself killed if she doesn't slow the hell down on this one," Logan said before he took a sip.

Scott's mouth tightened at Logan's assessment. "So. What are you going to do about it? I don't think more danger room time is going to help her prepare. She didn't fight the same out there," Scott told him.

Logan looked up at him with his brows drawn together. That just didn't make any sense to him. Not with all the training he'd made sure she had.

Scott took a breath and held it with his lips parted before he started to explain. "Has she ... ever gone into a session with her claws out at the start?" Scott asked.

Logan thought about it a second, and tipped his head to the side. "No, not that I can remember – why?" he asked.

"She did that night. She was on point and she led us down the bank. She slid them out real slowly as we walked and if it wasn't for the moonlight, I wouldn't have even known she'd done it. As far as I could tell, it was totally silent," Scott told him.

Logan stared at him for a moment then whistled low in response. Sneaky woman, he thought to himself. "Don't get on her bad side, Summers," Logan rasped out before he tipped his mug back. "And thanks for the coffee."

Scott smirked to himself as he sat down to try and help Logan figure out what to do next since clearly, this was a two man planning job.

K was getting completely frustrated. As far as she was concerned, Jean was just being obstinate when she had flat refused to help her and it was completely unacceptable. Jean had tried to explain that Creed, Logan, and even K herself for that matter, were very hard to find or follow, even with Cerebro's assistance.

It was something about their minds being harder to touch without permission, but K didn't understand it. Neither did Jean exactly, so rather than frustrate both of them, she simply quit trying to explain and just gave her a hug with a heartfelt apology before she left. K was just about to go upstairs and grab a bag to take off when Remy slowly and gently leaned against the counter next her. She didn't acknowledge him right away – she was far too busy thinking about how to follow a weeks old trail as she drummed her fingers on the counter top.

"Anyone ever tell you dat you awful cute when you mad, chere?" Gambit asked with a grin as he watched K's reaction.

She glared at him then walked across the kitchen to put some distance between them. "Anyone tell you ya smell like you took a bath in that cologne?" she growled back.