Finals Time

It was silent in Chloe and Zoe's shared room as the girls and Jubilee sat staring out the window. Jubilee was chewing on her lip, her foot bouncing rapidly as she fidgeted. Chloe hugged herself tightly and Zoe stared at the floor. It had been nearly two hours since the battle Royale on the lawn and there was no word from Mr. Summers. Jubilee was nearly in tears when she spotted Stark flying away. She jumped up from her spot with the sisters following her lead moments before her door opened with Mr. Summers standing behind it.

"Have a seat, ladies." he said as the girls nervously looked between themselves. He waited until all of them had sat down before he continued. "We're pretty sure she's out of the woods. Sabretooth pulled a real number on her, but she's finally healing. She can't have any visitors though, so don't ask."

"Why can't she see anyone?" Zoe asked.

Scott sighed heavily. "The last time she woke up in a lab was not a pleasant experience. Because of that, she is a danger to anyone around her when she wakes up in a place like that. She is restrained, but I can't take the chance that something might go wrong. I can't have you girls getting hurt." he replied.

"Where's Wolvie? Does he need anything?" Jubilee asked anxiously.

"Logan is with her, and my guess is that he won't be leaving her side any time soon. He's a little bit of a mess, and I don't think I have to tell you how concerned he is. So, keeping that in mind, Jean wanted to ask you girls about a few plans for the wedding now, while the two of them are occupied. All of you are planning to attend, right?" he asked. The three girls shared a look and began to nod enthusiastically, pulling a smile from Scott in spite of himself. "Good. You'll need to go with her to find your dresses. Meet her in half an hour in the garage – and no talking about this to anyone. Got it?" the three of them quickly agreed and stood up to follow him out, though they were halted when Scott pointed out to Jubilee that she needed to change her shoes – the ones she had on had a splash of blood on the toe.

The girls were getting excited. Jean had explained how K was improving rapidly, and gaining speed, though she still had yet to wake up.

"Honestly, this is probably going to be a waste of time." Betsy said, holding up a terrible sage colored strapless and pulling a face.

"You don't know that," Rouge argued as she twirled in a full tulle skirt. Apparently they hadn't decided a theme on the cut of the dress yet.

Betsy let out a scoff and shook her head, one perfectly arched eyebrow raised as she watched the southern belle. "I know what he is feeling, and what I felt from him was a big rush to make it official before something else goes wrong," Betsy said evenly. "I'll be surprised if he doesn't drag her off to elope as soon as she can stand on her own again. Not that he'd be opposed to carrying her."

The general consensus in the fitting room was that it was a very valid point, and no one was willing to argue it.

"If they elope, why do we need dresses?" Zoe asked, not liking any of the options in front of her.

The shop owner tried to help direct Zoe towards some appropriate choices, frustrated that this large group could possibly leave without a purchase after more or less taking over the whole shop.

"We will need the dresses," Jean said with a finality. "Yes, he's thinking of eloping right now, but he won't do it. He won't take that route unless there is no other option. He wants his friends around." She paused as she turned to look at her profile in the blue sheath she was wearing before continuing in a much lower tone. "Besides, she's forgotten about the whole affair."

"She's forgotten about her own wedding?" Chloe said in disbelief. "How do you forget your own wedding?"

Jean grinned in response. "No date," she said. The group as a whole stopped all motion and stared at her. Jean took a deep breath, and hung up a poofy wedding dress as she prepared to elaborate. "No date means nothing on the calendar for her to stare at and worry about. She's got nothing to do with the prep, and she's been obsessed with taking out Creed for nearly a month. Her head's not in the game – she'll never see it coming."