Evaluation Day

Jubilee was rudely awakened by the sound of her roommate, Paige, snoring. Bleary eyed, she looked at her alarm clock and groaned. NO. Too early! she thought as the numbers flashed back 6:05 AM. She tried to hide under her pillow, and when that didn't work, she threw it at Paige. It stopped her from snoring for a moment before she launched back into a very unladylike like imitation of a buzz saw.

Jubes groaned dramatically, then rolled onto her side as she realized that she wasn't going to be able to sleep in. She thought over her conundrum and came to a sudden realization.

Wolvie had invited her to check out the new recruit that he just happened to be ... um ... dating. She rolled her eyes as she covered her ears to block the snoring. Just thinking about K made Jubilee cranky. She didn't like to share what little time she had with Wolvie – especially with some little woman that had so much in common with him. She tried to convince herself that it was just mutations that the pair shared. She was smart enough to realize however, that if Wolvie really did end up falling for this ... woman ... that pissing her off could make the little time she got with him disappear all together. At least, if his past lovers were any indicator. And they probably were. Come to think of it, she's probably just evil, Jubilee thought to herself, the idea for some reason making her smirk as she stretched out.

She decided to try to be a little nicer, you know – keep your enemies close and all that. But as she thought about it, that wasn't exactly right. K wasn't an enemy. She didn't think. In fact, if what the new girls had told her was even half true, she was probably a good person. K didn't have to help Chloe and Zoe, but she did without even knowing them.

Shoot. That sounds a lot like what Wolvie would do, Jubilee thought, sighing to herself before she stood up and stretched again. May as well get dressed. She hoped that maybe she could go catch him early and grab a bite with him first thing after all.

She tied her shoes and slipped out of her shared room with Paige before she tiptoed down to the teacher's wing to see if Wolvie was up yet. He rarely, if ever, locked the door and he would probably be either waking up or already up by now, so she didn't bother to knock before she let herself in. She instantly wished she hadn't.

For the first time in her memory, he didn't wake up when she opened the door. She stood there for a moment, partly in shock, partly seething and partly disgusted. He was soundly asleep with her head on his chest. She was draped halfway across him, and both of them were clearly passed out from staying up way too late. What they'd been doing was obvious ... but Jubes didn't want to think about it. Her cringe factor was through the roof.

Logan's arm was around her, possessively, and he looked more peaceful than Jubilee had ever really seen him. With her face burning in embarrassment and anger, Jubilee backed out of his room.

At the metallic click of the doorknob, K's eyes popped open and she looked around the room as best she could without moving. When she couldn't see the source of the disturbance, she lifted her head a few inches as she tried to see the door or some sign of who had closed it. She was too close to Logan's chest to smell much more than him though. When she lifted her head a bit more, Logan's arm automatically gave her a squeeze before he began to stretch out.

"What's wrong, darlin? Up a little early aren't ya?" he asked as he pulled her up so he could kiss her. She returned his kiss, but she felt a little stiff in his arms, and his eyes opened fully as he wondered what had her on edge.

"I think someone was just in here," K said quietly before she glanced toward the door and pulled his sheet up to cover herself better. Logan sat up and let his arm fall from her before he got up, and walked toward the door, scenting the air as he went. Ten paces or so before he got there, he let out a little sigh.