Horsin' Around

Chloe and Zoe finally got brave after the news broke of their friend's new engagement. The two sisters hadn't had much of a chance to talk to K, let alone discuss what had been going on with the rumor mill around the mansion with her and their self defense and combat teacher.

But the girls finally found a chance to approach the pair of them while the ferals had coffee one morning. Chloe cleared her throat to catch their attention even as Logan had his nose buried in K's hair. The couple stopped their flirting to look up at the sisters, K clearly open minded about whatever the girls might have to say, while Logan was clearly irritated that they'd interrupted his attempt at sweet talking her into a day off alone in the woods.

"So, I know you guys are like – super busy training and everything, but is there any way we can see you a little, K? Spend some time with you?" Chloe said finally, almost cringing as she expected an instant 'no'.

"We just got done with our midterms, we've missed you. A lot." Zoe said honestly.

K had to smirk to herself. Clearly, the girls were starting to grow up a little bit. Logan sat back in his chair, watching the sisters as he rested his hand at the small of K's back. K turned to look at Logan before grinning at him a moment. "Yeah. That sounds nice. We can go whenever you're ready. Logan was just saying I needed a day off." K grinned at him as his entire expression fell.

"Now wait a damned minute, that's not -"

"When you're right, you're right, babe. Will you be free tonight or do I need to get another date for a walk after dark?" K said, cutting him off.

He narrowed his eyes at her and started to growl, the sound chilling the sisters to the bone as K smiled wider. He pulled her closer for a rough kiss. "Be back by six, or I'll come after ya." he growled out "and you know damn well I wasn't pushin' for you to go on a flamin' shopping trip, woman."

He sounded menacing to the girls, who were all the more perplexed at K's delighted grin. She leaned into him, whispering something in his ear as she ran her hand into his hair. His hand wrapped around her wrist and his eyebrow went up as she continued to whisper to him. The growl ceased and he turned his head to her. She had a wide eyed almost innocent look on her face as he considered her words.

"You know you play awfully damned dirty, right?" he said quietly. She just stared back at him until he let out a breath. "Alright. I'll be waiting – patiently as I know how," he said finally, almost in a purr before she kissed him again – this time looking much more relaxed when the kiss ended. His smile, rare to those outside of his inner circle, surprised the girls, more so when he finally broke his focus from K to turn toward the sisters, the grin slowly slipping off as he told them to be careful.

"I want a com link on every one of ya," he said before he turned to K, pulling her closer again. "Take my jeep." He gave her one final little kiss behind the ear and let out a sigh. "Any sign of trouble, you call for help, got it?" K nodded and looked to the girls, who followed suit. They were almost out the door when Jubilee caught them climbing into Logan's jeep.

"Hey! Where are you three headed? Anywhere fun?" Jubilee asked.

"Going to spend a little time shopping. Logan is free if you don't want to go with," Zoe offered getting a broad smile from the firecracker.

"I think I'll try to catch him, if it's alright with you guys. Have fun!" she said, running back into the house looking for him.

The girls were tickled to spend time with K, even if Logan's plans for her had nothing at all to do with shopping or people or well, anything but the two of them alone. K was smiling to herself a little as she played with her iced coffee, sitting with the sisters.