Consummations and Obligations

Their friends, family and teammates started the party without the little couple. They celebrated in their absence, toasting them while they were hiding away in their cabin. When the couple finally arrived, the women were surprised that K wasn't a total disaster. She'd touched up her makeup and actually looked every bit as lovely as she did for the ceremony. Logan however, looked incredibly rumpled and not the least bit apologetic. His hair was a bit messier in spots. His tie was missing and the top buttons of his untucked shirt were opened. Even so, he was looking somehow, more handsome to several of his lady friends. Of course, it was Heather that figured it out.

"He's smiling. A lot," she said quietly to Kitty, who couldn't put her finger on it until it was pointed out. She was right, he was grinning almost non-stop, and he still couldn't seem to keep his hands off his new wife, at the very least, holding her hand, resting a hand on her lower back or just running a finger down her arm as they cut a path through the crowd. The couple tried to take a moment to see everyone that had traveled so far to attend the ceremony as Jean and Kurt both had warned them to do.

Bobby had the music going and it wasn't long before the group as a whole was dancing. K and Logan were being passed around to various dance partners. K was overly busy having people cut in – with many of them introducing themselves as they did so. At one point, she didn't realize she was dancing with Stark until he spoke a few turns into the dance.

"So, you not only dance, but you clean up incredibly well," he said appraisingly as he shamelessly gave her a once over. She couldn't help but grin on realizing who she was dancing with. "What gives? Didn't Logan take the chance to ravage you while no one was looking?"

"Yeah, we took off for a few hours to play Scrabble," K countered. "Come on, Tony. Get real. But I guess I'll just take that as some kind of a complement in how well I can keep my dress in one piece? Or should I be insulted?" she asked, eyebrow raised.

"No, no, complement is just fine. Congratulations by the way, I suppose," he mumbled.

"You're doing it again, Tony," she said, with a teasing tone to her voice. It was probably the first time she'd called him by his first name and it took him off guard.

"What?" he asked, though if the question was for what she meant or her familiar phrasing, even Tony didn't know.

"You can be perfectly charming until you talk and ruin it. Just be quiet and spin me," she said with a little smile.

"You know, if it weren't for the fact that you just married the most dangerous mutant on the planet, I might just think you were flirting with me," he smirked.

"In your dreams, pal," she replied, her smile now replaced with a teasing smirk.

He opted to follow her advice and simply shut his mouth. After that, he surprised her with both his gentlemanly presence and his skill on the floor. He was, for once, quite well behaved and when his dance was up, he kissed her hand and graciously handed her off to Steve as a slow song started up.

It seemed as though she'd be dancing her way through the Avengers. Steve had pulled her closely to him for the song as she spotted Logan across the floor, with some curvy redhead that Steve pointed out to her as Natasha, the Black Widow. K frowned a bit as she considered the way the spy was looking at her. "I don't believe she likes me much," K muttered, though Steve laughed that off almost immediately as the two women carefully watched each other across the dance floor.

Stark had found Scott and the two of them were talking briefly before both of them looked to K, serious expressions on their faces before Scott shook his head and she clearly heard him tell Stark to forget it. K's buzz from Logan started to wear off suddenly. They looked so serious. None of it could be a good sign. Steve dipped her at the end of the song, which earned a smile from her before Logan cut in front of a massive long haired blonde man to kiss her palm as he pulled her from Steve.