Date Night

K walked down the front steps of the Xavier estate for her 'date'. She paused at the bottom step when she spotted Logan leaning on his Harley on the far side of the circle, lighting a cigar.

"You ready, sweetheart?" he asked with a rumble. He stood up as she approached, a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth. She looked at the motorcycle, circled it with a critical eye then crouched down and examined it in places as he watched her with a bemused look on his face. "You're not afraid of bikes, are ya?" he asked her as his smirk widened to a crooked smile. She stood up and shook her head lightly with one eyebrow arched.

"No, I've just never rode on the back of one," she replied, eyeing the seat with a little frown that he couldn't quite place.

He grinned a little wider at the news. "Well, I guess this'll be your first time then," he said as he anticipated having a little fun trying to scare her on the ride.

She looked at him for a moment with a very serious look on her face, her brows drawn together as she lightly shook out her long brown mane. "Oh no, you misunderstand," K said a smirk of her own tugging at her mouth. "I've just never ridden on the back. I used to have a pan-head until .... well." Her expression fell and her eyes remained fixed on the chrome sections of the engine. He paused, not quite believing her as he watched her think it through. "I used to have a pan-head," she repeated with a shrug. Suddenly she looked more thoughtful now then when she was ready to die in the woods a few hours earlier. Logan gently took her hand and pulled her closer to the bike.

"Well, come on. The back'll be better than no ride at all," he offered as he swung his leg over. He started it up and nodded for her again to hop on. With a little frown, she swung her leg over and set her hands on his hips as he put it into gear. When they turned onto the road, he opened it up – a favorite trick to get a girl to hold on tighter. But K just leaned into him, totally relaxed and not falling for the game at all.

Sonofabitch, He thought. Girl does know something about riding a scoot. As they went further down the road, they quickly fell into a familiar groove that surprised him. Although he was initially let down that his little trick didn't have her grabbing at him, he found it nice after a while to not have to tell her what to do or not do as they rode.

She stayed centered with the bike as he leaned into the turns. Which was incredibly pleasant since every single woman he'd ever taken out tried to lean with him and it always screwed up the fine handle he had on the scoot. K just rode. She didn't talk his ear off either. It had him rethinking his approach to her already.

When they reached the little bar he liked to go to he smiled to himself. Now was when his date always got upset. They'd take a quick look in the mirror and get mad that their hair was messed up, or their mascara had run. Only, K didn't even peek in the mirror, wasn't wearing any makeup and damned if he didn't think she looked sexy as hell with her hair wind whipped.

All she did when she got off the bike was straighten her shirt before she led the way into the bar as if she owned the place. He shook his head and quick stepped to catch up to her.

She had to take pause as he opened the door for her with a little smirk. She returned it with a little smile of her own and fell into place at his side as she thought he expected. She let him take the lead as he offered her his arm.

Once inside, the barkeep gave him a familiar nod and half the wait staff shouted out a hello as he led her to his favorite booth in the back corner. He loved that spot. It made it simple to easily watch the entrance, the emergency exit, and the door to the back room and bathrooms. She glanced around with a frown before she took the seat he'd offered her across from him, her back to all he was watching. He raised an eyebrow when he realized that apparently she too would rather keep an eye on all the entries and exits.