Recovery

To the shock of nearly everyone in the mansion, Jubilee had become one of K's best workout partners. Shortly after K and Logan had returned from their date the day Stark had been by, K had sought her out in the game room. She didn't look as gray as she did earlier as she sat down near Jubilee. "I hear you're a gymnast." K said to the little firecracker.

Jubilee was wary of that intro, but nodded all the same. "I used to be. Not to toot my own horn, but if my parents hadn't been murdered, I'd probably have gone to the Olympics," she said with a lazy sort of shrug, both pride and sadness in her voice.

"Well that's a hell of a lot better than what I was looking for. I need a coach – are you interested?" K asked to the surprise of not only Jubilee, but pretty much anyone within earshot.

"What about Logan?" she asked, wondering if it was a set up.

"He's great if I want to look like a bodybuilder, but I'd like to at least pretend that I can pull off feminine. You're the resident expert, so ..." K said, leaving it open.

"Well, yeah ... sure. I mean, um, how do we do this?" she asked clearly taken off guard, but excited all the same to get a chance to help.

"You tell me – danger room, I'm guessing, unless there's equipment around here somewhere," K replied.

"Gym. Plenty of mats and beams in the gym," Jubilee decided, already starting to grin. "Um ...go get into something easier to move in and we can start now if you want – I'm done with my homework, and this game is getting boring." She was grinning as she handed her controller over to Paige.

"See you in a few then," K replied as she got up and headed off to change.

"We'll join you too," Chloe shouted, jumping to her feet and scrambling after with her sister. Zoe grinned at Jubilee, giving her two thumbs up and leaving Jubilee in a state of shock.

Jubes, of course, headed right to Logan, and jumped on his back, wrapping her arms around his neck with a giggle. "Did you put her up to this?" she asked as he helped her slid onto the ground again.

"Set who up to what?"

"K. Did you tell her to ask me for gymnastics 'help'?"

He blinked and stared at her for a moment. "No ... I told her you were a flippy little thing, but I didn't ... why? What did she ask?"

Jubes narrowed her eyes as she looked him over and stuck one finger at him. "I am not sure that I believe you, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt." She turned and ran off, grinning to herself wider than before.

The mansion was always gorgeous at this time of year. Jean and Ororo had gone out of their way decorating for the holidays, even if a large part of their student population wasn't going to be around to see it. It was probably a reflection on how tense they were over what all had happened, and when they weren't peeking at the schematics of the new security measures, they were cheerfully humming holiday songs and decorating.

The students that had nowhere to go stayed there, of course, and the two women gladly put them to work decorating. It helped to build that sense of 'family' that Xavier had worked so hard to cultivate, and the kids really enjoyed it.

Of course, Ororo tried to get K to join in the fun as well, but she wasn't surprised in the least when the little brunette politely turned her down. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate the offer, but she had more pressing things to do than figure out the best locations to set up 'mistletoe ambushes' as Jean called them. "What you should do," K told her. "Is just put it on a clip and wear it on your hair. Then you don't need to ambush him."