Testing Systems

K barely got half a cup of coffee before Logan took her mug, gave her a kiss and wished her luck before heading off to the booth. She took a deep breath and gathered her nerves before she slipped into the danger room for what appeared to be a second take on an evaluation, even if it wasn't officially being called that.

Logan was running the show this time since Scott was still feeling guilty on how the last evaluation ended with K nearly bleeding out.

K kept her cool as she looked around the bare room which was already shifting into something deeply green yet not quite calming to her. She looked up when she heard Logan's voice asking if she was ready to start. She was taken back when she realized it wasn't just Logan and Scott in the booth as she'd expected. Storm was there, as was Jubilee, a tall blonde man she hadn't met before and of all people, Tony Stark.

She just assumed that Stark was there for his own entertainment, and she hoped like hell she didn't end up busting her ass too early on. When she gave Logan and Scott the go ahead, Scott hit the mic. "Just go ahead and start walking. The scenery will shift around you," he told her. She hadn't taken ten steps before the forest shifted to a nighttime city street. She wasn't sure how to proceed, as she wasn't comfortable in a city to begin with.

Right off the bat, her senses were overloaded. The scents of hundreds of people hung in the hot night air. To her it smelled dirty, flooded with an overcompensation of dozens of perfumes and deodorants. She rubbed her nose as she tried to clear it while she walked on and the hum of the streetlights almost deafeningly loud to her. With no warning, a man dressed in black head to toe popped out from behind a dumpster and slammed her into a parked car.

Logan had told her to do what she needed, but Scott told her not to kill, so when the imaginary creep groped her, she popped her claws in his groin and dropped him to the ground. She glared towards the booth a moment.

"Really?" she said, both arms out in invitation to fight - clearly aimed at Logan. The booth was obscured by the hologram, but she knew he was smiling to himself at her reaction.

"Have it your way," Logan's voice echoed down before at least a dozen black clad mercenaries materialized out of nowhere. All of them cocked their guns and began firing on her before she could rush for cover. She swore under her breath as she dodged for a hiding spot. She took cover where it looked available and tried to circle around and away from them.

She stumbled as a bullet hit her leg, not realizing until just then that it was going to be that realistic. She leaned her head back on a car she was hiding behind when her programming from the Department simply took over. With a slow, deep inhale, she moved into action.

She took out the nearest mercenary holding him in a headlock as she stole his sidearm then shot him in the head. As his body fell, she liberated his assault rifle and slipped down an alley to circle around the building.

When she made it around the opposite side, she started picking off the others as they came into view. Eventually, they changed position and they pinned her down under heavy fire, but K waited until she heard one changing magazines to run out towards them. She took several body shots as she cleared the street then Logan turned up the heat on her.

The streets was suddenly flooded with targets. The mercenaries were replaced with a crowd of MRD officers and supporters, and she didn't hesitate to empty out her magazines on both before she switched her grip on the handgun and began to pistol whip those that tried to subdue her.

She started hand to hand combat with them when she lost the pistol and held her own for an impressive length of time using what martial arts she knew before the mob simply overtook her.