5.

Giselle

Standing there in shock, Marcus chuckled to himself as more people began walking up to us and talking to me. I can't lie, I was enjoying all of the attention, considering I hadn't had this much social interaction in a while but the one person I wanted to talk to me wasn't.

"GG, it's been forever. I heard you're back for good, bitch." One of the girls said to me and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm back for good this time." I forcefully smiled, still watching Abir as he leaned on the wall, smoking a blunt.

I couldn't even focus as I watched him talk with his friends. He still looked so good. Still as tall and as handsome as before. But it was as if I wasn't even here to him. As if this meant nothing to him.

Not long after, his friends ended up coming over to me to catch up and I started bussing it up with them but Abir ended up walking off. He completely ignored the scene and got into his car.

My heart secretly shattered as I watched him pull away from the store and speed down the block. In ways, I understood why he wouldn't want to talk to me. I'd already called it and he'd already said that this is what would happen if I left him but I can't say that I wasn't hurt.

I obviously still loved him.

"Don't worry bout' it, G. That nigga just in his feelings." Poodie, one of his friends, spoke up to me, once he'd seen the look on my face.

"Exactly. Abir just acting right now." Mila preached to me as she walked up to us with two water ices in her hand. I didn't want to hear any of that though.

I'd told myself I'd give it time and that I'd left everything marinate but I needed to talk to him.

Soon.

-

Abir Johnson, 23

"Ayo, what's up, Neph?" My uncle Kann spoke once I pulled up on the block, seeing the homies posted on the corner.

"Shit. What's up with you, Unc?" I stepped out my car, making my way over to them.

"Getting to this money, lil nigga." He dapped me up.

"You got yours?" He asked and I nodded, sliding him half the money I'd made and keeping the rest for myself.

"This is a heavy one. I see you been putting in that work, huh?" He asked and I smirked to myself.

"Fa'sure." I nodded, patting my pockets for my lighter.

"Lil' nigga got plans, huh?" He went on and I chuckled, keeping it to myself.

I definitely had plans but I wasn't one to speak on them. I didn't have to talk about what I was going to do, I just made it happen.

"You aight though?" He then asked and I nodded, leaning on the wall while I relit my blunt.

"Yeah, I'm chillin'." I shrugged and everybody seemed to watch me while I did.

"You know GG just got back..." One of the homies went on saying as if I was supposed to give a fuck.

"Oh yeah. I just dropped her off by the spot." Her cousin, Tone, spoke up, making me scoff.

"You ain't seen her yet?" He went on asking and I shrugged it off.

"Nah." I lied, not even in the mood to talk about that shit because I really didn't care to.

Giselle knew what the fuck it was with me and I'd already told her what this shit was gone be like if she left.

She'd made her decision three years ago. So her moving back home ain't mean shit to me.

"Aw man, GG got neph in his feelings.." My uncle spoke up and I scoffed, shaking my head.

I didn't come over here to talk about her but I guess that's all them niggas and everybody else wanted to talk about today. So I was getting the fuck out of dodge.

"Y'all niggas trippin', man. I'a catch y'all later." I dipped off, making my way back to my car.

As I did, I could hear them saying slick shit but I didn't pay it no mind. I didn't give a fuck about none of this.

Pulling away from the block, I made my way back to the spot. I just needed to relax my mind and let all this hype shit die down.

*

Giselle
Hours later (8pm)

"See and that's why I said that y'all need to talk, G." Mila said to me while me, her and a few other girls we knew all sat on the steps, out front of my grandmother's house.

I can't lie, I was so embarrassed about earlier and I had damn near everybody in my ear now. Abir obviously wasn't over me leaving him and repairing our relationship was probably out of the question.

"Exactly. Abir been in his feelings about you for three years now. Y'all need to just talk and then fuck it out." Asia spoke jokingly while everybody laughed and nodded their heads in agreement.

"I want to talk to him. I really do." I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"I just wanted to wait because I knew he would need time but I didn't think it would be like this."

"I don't think he loves me anymore." I admitted and they all cooed, trying to cheer me up.

"Don't worry about, G. He'll come around." Kayla spoke up.

"Right and stop thinking negative. Everybody knows Abir loves him some GG." Mila smiled, making me smile.

I knew that they were right in some ways but I also knew that Abir had already told me how he would feel if I left him three years ago. Now I was living it and I didn't want it to be truth.

I didn't want us to never talk again and I definitely didn't want us to be in the space we are right now for the rest of our lives. It was only my first day back so of course I expected some cold shoulders but I just hoped that it didn't last too long.

"He'll come around. Don't even worry about it."

"Hopefully." I sighed deeply.

*