13.

Giselle
Hours later
(2pm)

"G, what really happened?" Mila asked as I sat down on her bed.

I'd just gotten my hygiene together and I was finally relaxing with my favorite cousin, feeling better than I did before.

"Nothing really." I sighed deeply.

"Everything that everybody else is saying is lies." I admitted to her, watching as she nodded her head.

"I figured." She scoffed.

"I don't know how everybody got him putting his hands on you, when they clearly watched the whole thing go down at the party."

"Exactly."

"And if they knew anything, they'd know I was the one who put my hands on him." I admitted to her, making her eyes go wide.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"Yeah."

"But I didn't mean to though. I was just so upset and the things he was saying to me, Mila.." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"Well what did he say? Did y'all get the chance to actually talk? Was he mad about you and that boy?" She went on, asking all at once.

"Of course he was mad about it but we didn't really get the chance to talk because we were screaming at each other and arguing damn near all night and then he ended up leaving and he didn't come back until the sun came up." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"The only closure I really got was about the video, he told me the video is old and he had sex with the girl based off of emotions. He was mad at me and he was just hurting which I'm still mad about but I get it.." I trailed off.

"That's the only thing we really got the chance to talk about. He was mad and I was mad and then when we finally calmed down and he came home, we tried, well I tried to finally talk but the. I found something else out."

"What?" She asked with wide eyes, obviously wanting to know.

"Well.." I trailed off.

"He's down with Tony and them." I went on telling her and she nodded, obviously not surprised.

"Oh I knew that." She told me and I looked at her in disbelief.

"You knew?" I asked with raised eyebrows and she simply nodded.

"Yeah. That's why when you asked about him, I told you that you needed to talk to him."

"G, he's been out here wilding out, doing everything Tony and Kann does." She said referring to my cousin and his uncle.

"And you know how they get down." She looked at me knowingly while I looked down at my hands, feeling like it was all my fault.

"But I really feel like now that you're back, you can help him, G. We both know Abir wasn't into all of this before you left."

"He was a good man, he still is." She vouched for him like she always did.

"And you know he still loves you, that's why he came to the party last night as soon as everybody snitched on you.."

"That nigga ain't low." She went on smiling and I shook my head.

"No, Mila."

"I don't think there's anything I can do." I admitted to her.

"I already tried to talk to him about it and he blames me." I pointed to myself, trying to get her to understand.