14.

Giselle
The next night

Laying in my bed, I finally got the chance to just relax. It'd been four days and all I wanted to do was stop thinking about the drama that was happening and focus on how I could make my summer better, finally being back home in Jersey.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, my phone buzzed on the charger and I slowly leaned over to grab it.

When I did, I saw that it was Abir texting me and I sighed deeply, not in the mood for anymore arguing.

I'd spent the whole day, staying inside to avoid anymore misinformation spreading and just taking some time to myself.

I didn't want to argue anymore.

Quickly opening the message to see what he wanted, I read what he said and I rolled my eyes when he did.

You talking out your ass now? Still running back and telling people shit?

You said you should've fucked that nigga? My phone dinged again with another message and I huffed, realizing me saying anything to anybody at this point was obviously a bad idea.

I'd just said this yesterday and now here it was back to him just that quickly. Everything I said got back to him in some way. There were really people out here stirring up this pot of drama.

I didn't. Was all I sent back to him, getting him off of my back. Plus I didn't have the heart to say that I'd actually said that.

I wasn't dumb enough to say it to his face or through a text. I was just angry in that moment and I wanted to say something that made me seem tough to them.

Feeling my phone ding again, his contact flashed across the screen with another message and I looked down at it before I playfully rolled my eyes.

Oh aight. He sent back to me.

Knowing I still loved him, I debated against sending another message or not. Considering, all the new things that I'd learned about him these passed four days being back.

But I couldn't resist him and he knew that.

I'm sorry, Abir. I decided to text back, finally putting my pride aside.

For everything that happened two nights ago and for leaving you three years ago. Was all I sent and as soon as I did, my phone began ringing with his contact flashing across the screen. M

"No." I whined nervously, knowing I was going to have to actually say this to him now instead of texting it.

Getting my nerves under control, I finally answered and put the phone to my ear. The both of us said nothing when I did, simply gathering our thoughts on what needed to happen.

"Look. I'm sorry too, G." Was all he said and I sighed in relief, hearing him say those words to me.

I really didn't expect them but here they were and I appreciated it.

"I'm sorry for disrespecting you and I'm sorry for fuckin' that bitch and disrespecting you in the mist of it." He went on and I smiled small, listening to his words intently before he sighed deeply.

"We need to talk though, bro. For real this time."

"Yeah, I think we should." I agreed, feeling waves of emotions falling upon me.

"Aight."

"Listen, I'm about to go and see what my Unc doing real quick. When I get finished down there, I'm gon' slide passed your grandma spot and I'm gon' bring you back to my crib." He told me and I nodded as if he could see me.