16.

Giselle
1 month later

"Hey, GG!" Kayla called loudly from across the street as both Mila and I made our way out of my mom mom's corner store.

We'd just went and gotten us some water ice and we were making our back home to simply enjoy the rest of our summer together.

Without all the extra people.

"Hey, Kay." I simply spoke with a smile as she walked up on us, following us to the house.

"How you been, girl? Things been quiet ever since that crazy night with you and Abir."

"Everybody keep saying that even after three years and after that video leaked, you're still his and he's still yours." Kayla went on, obviously trying to get some tea and Mila looked at me with a side eye while I nodded my head knowingly.

"Everything's cool, Kay." Was all I said to her, making my way with Mila, leaving Kayla standing there completely dumbfounded.

Though I wasn't giving her any real information, me and Abir really were good and we were working on rekindling the friendship we once had in silence.

Just like his mama and my grandma said we should.

We'd been spending a lot of time together, of course, when he wasn't handling business and though I still felt ways about things, that's all I could ask for at the moment.

I was just happy about the space we were in and I wasn't messing that up for nobody.

"Good job, G." Mila told me and I smiled small, licking my water ice.

Saying nothing else about it, we made our way back to the house and when we did, Tone, Abir, and a couple of their friends were all sitting in my mom mom's living room, loudly talking and bussing it up.

"Ayo, I told y'all niggas that shit was gon' happen." Tone spat toward the TV while they loudly watched the game.

"Where my water ice?" One of the guys went onto ask us, putting all the focus on us while we made our way up the stairs.

"Shut up ugly." Mila rolled her eyes and I laughed softly to myself as Abir eyed me hard.

"Aye, ma." I heard him call and I looked down at him, tilting my head.

"What?" I playfully snaked my neck, watching as a smirk appeared on his face.

"Gimmie some." He said and I used my index finger, telling him to come to me.

When I did, he quickly stood to his feet and made his way up the staircase while I continued my journey toward my room.

Mila walked to her room and I walked to mine as Abir followed close behind me. When we walked in, he closed the door behind him and unexpectedly locked it.

"Why did you lock it?" I asked him, knowing what that used to mean for him but I didn't know what it meant now that we were still trying to work on being friends.

Licking his lips, he looked at me with stern eyes before he unlocked it and then plopped down onto my bed.

Calming myself down from the assumption, I sat my things down before I passed him my water ice. He grabbed it roughly from me as I gave him a look, making him chuckle to himself.

"Don't snatch." I sassed as he stuck his tongue out and took a huge piece off from my water ice.

"Abir!" I yelled at him and he smirked, now giving it back to me.

"You're so annoying." I rolled my eyes, serious now while he watched me with a smirk on his face, eating the rest of what was in his mouth.

"You play too much. That's exactly why.." I put my eyes to the sky

"Exactly why what?" He taunted, standing to his feet and hovering over me.

"Stop." I pushed him away away from me.

"Leave me alone." I pouted as I licked the small piece of water ice that I had left and he chuckled, pulling me in for a hug.

"Stop bitchin'."

"I'a get yo' cry baby ass another one." He told me and I smiled devilishly before he pulled back to look at me again.

"You promise?" I asked innocently and he nodded before snatching my water ice out of my hand again and finishing it off.

"Abir!" I snapped at him and he smacked his lips, eating what was let of it.

"Shut up. I just told you I was gon' get you another one." He went on, eating my water ice and I stood there with a sad face while his lips were now blue and he stood there obviously satisfied.

He couldn't help but to laugh as he looked at my sad face and I was so upset because I'd just gotten that water ice.

Now I had nothing.

"You're mean." I told him as his phone began ringing and I stood there, watching as he answered it.

"Yo." He spoke aggressively into the phone and I couldn't hear what the other person was saying but I watched his reaction to the call and it couldn't have been good.

"Aight. I'm bout' to tell Tone then we gon' slide down there." Was all he said before the call ended and I looked at him in confusion.

"I'a see you later, G. I'm bout' to go and handle this business." He said to me and I looked at him with sad eyes.

I'd thought we'd be able to spend the day together again but I guess not. Since this thing he called "business" was now calling again.

"Okay." Was all I said, gently sitting down on my bed.

"Stop actin' like that. I'a be back later." He spoke sternly, standing up straight and I looked up at his tall figure before I pulled him in for a hug.

When I did, I held him a while longer, just embracing this since I felt the need to. This felt
good and I honestly didn't want it to stop.

"Aight, G. Come on, I'm bout' to leave." He tried pulling away from me but I didn't let go.

"Giselle." He spoke sternly, obviously needing to go for real but I didn't want to let him.

"Ma.." He trailed off and I finally pulled away, looking up into his eyes again.

"Fine." I said to him, watching as he got ready to go.

"I ain't seen yo' ass be this clingy in a minute." He chuckled while I still stood there looking at him with a pout.

I knew he was just trying to make me laugh because he knew I didn't want him to go but it wasn't working.

"I'a be back, G. Chill out." He continued trying to say to me but I still stood there with a sad face.

Shaking his head, he smirked before bending down to my level and forcefully leaving a passionate kiss on my lips.

*