3

Chapter 3
The new world

Weeks went by before I finally got everything I thought I needed to the Jeep and packed milos food. I eventually knew that the mall wasn't secure when a group had came into the mall about a week into my stay. I was out putting stuff in my Jeep. I got back and Milo started growling before we went in. I held a finger on my soft pink lips signaling for her to be quiet. We snuck in and heard the group ransacking the entire mall. The only store the couldn't get into was the one they needed the most. GUNS AND AMMO. I had found the keys to the whole mall but I knew I was leaving and I didn't want anyone else to struggle. Well I had put my ear against the wall and Milo was standing towards the person right besides the wall.

?- where are you

The man next to me asked

?- by the guns and ammo shop it's locked we are thinking about breaking in through the next store over.

Some one answered over the radio.

?- just don't make any noise alright we don't know how many dead people are in here

I heard someone chuckle from across the mall

?- where is everyone at

He asked

?- everyone's at the gun store you are the only person who's not over here. Come on Dwight!

I put my arm around the man's throat and held my gun to his head.

B- tell them someone has to keep watch and that you are fine where you are!
?- no

He was struggling to breathe.

B- now and I might let you out alive!

I whispered in his ear. He clicked the radio and didn't realize that even if I did shoot him his whole group would come running to kill me.

?- I'm fine where I'm at someone needs to keep watch anyway. Plus I've been here before it's nothing special

B- good boy

I whispered smiling in his ear. He fell limp as someone replied over the radio the words pussy. I didn't need anything of his and I'm not mean. He would wake up in an hour or two. I heard over the radio that the group was coming back in dwight's direction and I dragging his body by the guns store. I walked in using my key and grabbing everything I had in the store and threw it in my bag. I dragged his body into the store and locked it as I was leaving I slid the key under the door for dwight for when he wakes up. I heard his group running around yelling his name. My eyes opened wide and I jumped out of a broken window. Milo did the exact same and we got into the jeep. I sped away and took a deep breath.

B- wow what a rush! Good boy Milo!

I scratched his soft fur and he wagged his tail and barked. I smiled at him and sped down the road. I knew I was farther to leaving Alanta so I parked the car and me and Milo walked to get gas. Which was across the street. I got the gas and stole a candy bar and gum. I ran to the car and poured the gas in the car. I set up my night set up. While I was at the mall I found a tent that connects to the top of your car. It's perfect. All I got to do is tighten it to the roof. I noticed it was getting dark and so I decided it would be best to park their for the night. I locked milo in the car with the sunroof opened and I cut a hole in the tent so milo could jump into he tent when he needed to. I kept the ladder up on the roof top so no person or human should I say get into the tent. Milo would protect the car. I locked the car and turned it off. I pushed myself out of the tiny sunroof. I fell right asleep.
I woke up with biters surrounding my Jeep with my tent ontop . Milo was barking like a mad man and I didn't want to make any noise so I stuck my head through the sunroof.