5: A Change in Scenery

Once again, his lips found mine, unraveling me a million times over and then some. His hands began wandering my curves, leaving traces of lust in their wake.

He then brought his lips to my ear, whispering, "I wonder if anyone's done something in here they're not supposed to... Maybe we'll be the first." His lips curled into a soft smile as I blushed, biting my lip.

"You sound like a serial killer... maybe we're Bonnie and Clyde," I whispered, a ghost of a grin growing on my lips. Hot damn I was terrible with jokes.

I was also nervous.

Those damn eyes lured me into their depths as I forgot all my worries. My nightmares. My past. There was only him. How could someone I barely know have such a magnetizing effect on me?

He licked his lips before continuing. One large hand softly caressed the base of my throat as soft whimpers left my mouth, floating in the air as a verbal plea of continuation. His other hand progressed at touching my body, tracing my silhouette as if he were mapping each curve.

I didn't want him to stop. I didn't want us to stop, but I knew that Dumbledore would be back soon, and I wasn't too keen on finding out what would transpire if we were caught doing something more than mind numbing, world exploding kisses. Only Merlin would know what anything more would feel like.

"D-Draco... I think we should stop. I don't want to get caught," my blue depths met his hungry eyes. His hair was messy and his expression filled with desire. He looked... inevitable.

I knew we were inevitable.

****************

As we quietly left the Headmaster's Tower, my mind continued to reel at what had just happened. I certainly didn't regret it, but I wasn't very sure about Draco. His expression was unreadable, which shot nerves down my spine.

We traveled through the corridors and down to the basement where the Hufflepuff common room was located. The night's events rushed through my dazed mind, overwhelming me with uncertainty as I said the password.

I turned to face Draco, his eyes glued to mine.

"Don't speak of what happened tonight, Langston," he leaned forward to continue, "but I did enjoy myself." And with that he turned and walked down towards the dungeons to the Slytherin common room before I could begin my retort.

A soft smile found its way onto my face. Secretly I wished that we would have more interactions like tonight, but I didn't want to be his plaything... I would never be that girl. At least I hoped not.

I slowly climbed the stairs to my dorm maybe stumbling once or twice... I can't help my inability to balance. I then weighed the possibilities of who could have written those two words.

Hesitantly opening the door, I was bombarded with hugs from Shea and Alexandra, their mouths moving, but I wasn't paying attention because my consciousness singularly acknowledged the presence of the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.

Why the hell was he here in my dorm. I really thought this day couldn't get anymore confusing, but I was proven wrong as his next words dominated my senses.

"Miss. Langston, I must inform you of a potential breach in the magical security here at Hogwarts," he let out a soft sigh before his eyes finally connected with mine. "We believe that you have been targeted, for unknown reasons. Who is doing this, we are also unaware."

My breath caught in my throat like invisible hands were tightening around my airway, begging for me to give way to the insurmountable edges of fear.

"W-What? How could this happen? What am I to do?" I was terrified, but I didn't want to appear weak. Yes, I was a Hufflepuff, but who in their right mind decided we couldn't be brave like a Griffyndor, clever like a Ravenclaw, or cunning like a Slytherin?

"I'm sorry Miss. Langston, but we don't have enough information to give a definitive answer," said Dumbledore, his gaze moving to each of us in the room with palpable concern.

"In the meantime, while the ministry conducts their investigation, I'm afraid we will have to move you three girls down to the dungeons... to the Slytherin house dorms where the last rooms are," said the headmaster once again as my eyes widen with concern, yet undeniable excitement for one thing: Draco.

"Now I advise you to pack your things as quickly as possible so we can get you settled. My only hope is that this threat does not present itself for much longer," he gave me a genuine smile with a confusing twinkle in his eye. "Meet me outside once you all are finished, and I will escort you."

At this, he quickly left the dorm murmuring something to Fudge.

I whirled around to face my two roommates who mirrored my bewildered expression.

"Merlin Grier, what the hell have you been doing these past 24 hours at Hogwarts?" Alexandra exclaimed with a worried laugh. I shook my head, unsure how to answer because I didn't know what to say.

"That's a good question Alex... This must be how He Who Must Not Be Named feels without his nose because I surely feel like I've lost my mind," at this we all laughed in a choir of boisterous noise to hide our fear.

As we began packing our things, I quickly explained to the two girls what had happened this unending, yet eventful, night, leaving out the Draco part, of course. They stared at me with wide eyes filled with gleaming worriness as they hung onto every word.

Continuing our conversation, we finished up and headed out to the common room to find Dumbledore.

Quickly rushing out of the empty common room, we headed down to the dungeons. The closer we were to the Slytherin common room, the more butterflies entered my stomach as I was so unsure of what the rest of the night would reveal.

Dumbledore proceeded to tell us the password and other information that slipped out my mind once the words left his mouth. I was concocting scenarios in my head about what the next couple minutes would hold. Would he be in the common room? Would he be excited to see me? How would he react to the apparent target on my back?

After what felt like ages, Dumbledore finally walked through the threshold to enter the common room. A gasp escaped as I stared in awe of the common room. It was much bigger than the Hufflepuff common room, with a certain mysterious beauty to it.

The glowing green lamps that hung throughout the room illuminated the space just enough so I could see where I was going. I loved it, but it was nothing compared to the boy who lazily sat on one of the luxurious leather couches scattered throughout the room.

Our eyes collided and a look of confusion ran across his face as I unwillingly followed Dumbledore up the stone steps to my new dorm.

Merlin this would be interesting. 

A/N: Ahhh, this is definitely my favorite chapter so far! (I hope you like it too). Tomorrow is my last day of school before Winter Break, so I will be cranking out some fantastic Draco filled chapters *be ready for more spiceee*

I really hope you guys are enjoying this story. I know there's only 5 chapters so far, but stay with me on this, and I promise you won't regret it. (:

Love you all and don't forget to vote and comment! <3