9: Secrets

I quietly sat in the gold encrusted chair across from Dumbledore, watching wizards from the Ministry bicker about the recent events concerning me. I only half listened because all I wanted was to get up and enjoy the rest of my night.

Draco was supposedly lingering outside the Headmaster's office, waiting to see if there was any news, but the Ministry hadn't discovered anything. So far.

Sighing, I put my hand underneath my chin as Dumbledore said, "Grier, thank you for being patient, but I think you should go. These matters are best left to our ears only. We don't want other students to be concerned."

I slowly nodded, "Thank you Headmaster, just please let me know if you find any new information."

"Of course, of course my dear," We exchanged smiles as I stood, leaving the tension filled room.

Quickly descending the spiral stone steps, I broke out into the hall to see Draco leaning against the wall. I couldn't help myself as a wide smile spread across my face.

"You waited for me..." When he had left me to head up with the Headmaster, I wasn't sure if he would stick around, but my heart leapt at the sight of him.

"Of course I did Grier," He pulled me against him, mischief gleaming in his enthralling eyes. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me through the castle and out into the sun kissed atmosphere.

The sun was beginning to set as we walked down the trail to the Black Lake. I finally felt safe, relaxed, and comforted all because of him. I don't know how he managed it, but my heart glowed for him. I wouldn't call it love, just yet, but there was something there, and I knew he felt it too.

We both sat at the base of the old oak tree where we befriended. I sat between his elongated legs, leaning my head on his chest, feeling overwhelmingly happy considering the day's events.

His hands slowly ran through my hair, sending shivers down my body. I felt him lean down and softly press his velvet lips against my pulsating neck.

"I want to know more about you Draco..." the rest of my words were lost in the lust filled air, evaporating into the approaching night.

He grinned against my tender neck, "For starters my favorite color is green..." He continued to kiss my neck, but snaked up to my ear as he whispered, "I'm infatuated with a girl named Grier."

I bit my lip to maintain the wild need I felt for his touch, "Continue."

"My bloody father is a twat, and I fear I am becoming him," I pulled back, watching as his eyes cloud in a storm of grey and sadness. He kissed me softly, as if to remove the words he had just spoken.

"You can trust me Draco, just tell me what's going on. I'm here," he managed to flash me a nervous smile before wrapping his arms around my slim waist.

"He's a Death Eater Grier," at this I froze. Could his father have been the man who murdered my mom? Was he behind the attacks?

I had heard murmurs of stories about Lucius Malfoy, none of them good. I chose to ignore the rampant rumors because I trusted Draco to tell me the truth, which he did. But his father was the epitome of everything I loathed and everything that encompassed the worst year of my life.

Collecting my thoughts, I met Draco's unnerved gaze, "Just because you're a Malfoy, doesn't make you like your father."

My words seemed to dishearten him even further, which made my heart plummet.

He lowered his head so he wasn't looking at me, but at his clothed forearm. Placing a hand on the area, he whispered, "You have no clue how much danger you will be in if my father finds out about this..." His words now unnerved me, for I knew everything that the Dark Lord's puppets were capable of.

"Then I guess you shouldn't have comforted me after the attack this morning," I regretted the words, but there was truth behind them. Nothing felt better than to feel his arms wrap around me in an attempt to comfort me.

Pulling me towards him once more he mumbled, "You're right. We have to be careful from now on," he sighed at this, "We'll be getting lots of questions when we return, but remember I'm doing this to keep you safe."

I responded with my lips connecting with his in perfect unison as I turned over in his lap, straddling him. My hands roamed down his torso as he explored the flesh underneath my shirt.

Biting his bottom lip, I moved against him slowly, feeling the bulge of his length underneath me. A shutter moved its way through me as I continued my movements, glorious moans escaping his lips.

"Grier if you don't stop now, we never will," the desire on his tongue transferred to my own as his lips found mine once again.

The sun had almost completely vanished behind the horizon before he pulled away in heavy breaths. A look of pain crossed his face, "It's almost dinner time, and I don't want to give people more to assume."

He looked away as my head was racked in confusion, "Oh, um yeah. Okay, I'll go in first." I began to stand on shaky legs as I was still riddled with craving inclination. He kissed me deeply once more before I walked off in the dark, entering the castle and heading to the Great Hall.

He  simply never arrived. This left me nothing but distasteful turmoil at the pit of my stomach. I had to find out.