7: His Bed

A/N: Get ready for some *spice*

All eyes were on me. A small gasp escaped my lips as the professor slowly inched away from me, her words ricocheting through my skull.

"I smell BS," I said... again attempting to lighten the mood, more so my own.

I shouldn't have been surprised, yet it felt like an earthquake was slowly releasing its powerful quiver through my body.

Death: the word singularly reminded me of my mom's death and the sound of her last breaths consuming me. I had her eyes. Her spirit. When I looked in the mirror, her face flashed across mine.

Tears slowly spilled down my paled face as I rose, running from the classroom, not even bothering to gather my things. I felt someone run after me, but that didn't slow my pace.

Damn it. I was a coward to run.

Breathing heavily I collapsed against the portrait decorated wall, corridors away from the Divination classroom. Soon enough, students would flood the halls and question my current state.

Ripped out of my thoughts, my eyes rose to meet Hermione's, "Merlin I'm so sorry, Grier. I heard about what happened last night. I'm sure hearing what Trelawney said didn't help much either."

I gave her a weak smile as she bent down to hug me, "I have to get something off my chest Hermione..." Biting my lip, I continued to tell her about my mom's death, and the pain that my dad and I endured, which was why we came to England in the first place. To escape.

Her face fell as each word left my trembling lips, "Merlin Grier, I had no idea. I-I can't imagine what you have been through."

"I'm just glad I have someone like you by my side. You have no idea how much it means to me Hermione. Just to have someone," I felt like I needed to say the same words to Draco. He certainly helped "distract" me from the recent events.

"Of course, Grier. What are friends for?" Her kind words lifted my mood slightly as she lifted me into a tighter hug.

Closing my eyes, I leaned against her as she whispered, "Let's head to the library, that'll be our safe place. Who cares about Care of Magical Creatures or Astrology, right?"

I laughed and eagerly nodded my head in agreement, wiping away my remaining tears.

"I swear I'm not usually a waterfall of pathetic tears like this. Maybe it's the Hogwarts air," I said to the girl, who giggled at my remark.

Hermione had managed to grab my things before running after me. Merlin, I was grateful for her.

We slowly walked through the corridors and to the library, studying the rest of the day before heading to the Great Hall for dinner.

****************

My eyes were still red from the crying as Hermione and I entered the already filled Great Hall. Once again, each and every head turned my way, some of their faces blank, some with the pity I was beginning to grow accustomed to.

"Let's sit with Ron and Harry. Is that okay?" I nodded as I rose my head confidently, striding down the middle of the room.

I sat down between Harry and Fred and across from Hermione and Ron. I caught the intimidating look that Hermione gave to the boys, holding the silent words in her irises.

Biting my lip, I asked with slight humor in my voice, "So, guys, how was your day?" They all looked at me with shock as a slight smile spread across my face, "I'm not a china doll. I promise... I know you want to ask me."