6: The Grim

Entering the room, I immediately felt my body ache for the comfort of my new bed. The room wasn't much different than the Hufflepuff one we inhabited for a day, other than the fact that there was an apparent green theme throughout the space.

"Merlin, I swear I've never felt so tired," exclaimed Shea with a dramatic sigh while looking at the clock that read 3 am.

"I think we'd better get to bed then, considering we have classes all day tomorrow," I said, not even bothering to change before getting in the squishy bed.

My thoughts wandered for a little while, mostly concerning Draco. I wasn't sure if I should go down to the common room and inform him of all that I had learned. My body was tired, but my head couldn't seem to stop reeling.

I decided against going down to him... I didn't want to appear desperate. I didn't want him thinking I was at his beck and call.

My mind slowly began to shut down as I drifted off to much needed sleep.

****************

Merlin knows how long I actually slept when I was shaken awake by Shea screaming my name and acknowledging that we were going to be late. It felt like two minutes the last time I closed my eyes.

Moving in slow motion, I proceeded to get dressed, brush my teeth and hair, yawning every 5 seconds. We were finally dressed and ready to head to our first class, for there wasn't enough time to get to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Sprinting out of our room, Alexandra, Shea, and I ran down the stairs to the sparsely filled common room. As Hufflepuffs in the Slytherin common room, we received a multitude of odd looks, but I wasn't too concerned. Surely, Dumbledore would alert the necessary people as to why we were now inhabiting the common room.

Transfiguration with McGonagall went by quickly as Hermione and I decided to meet at the library right after dinner. Charms was as delightful as usual, especially since Ron and Harry were in that class, along with Shea and Alexandra.

News had apparently gotten around about what happened to me last night, considering Ron kept asking me questions, and Harry gave me constant looks of worry. I couldn't help but notice the looks that were shot my way from students I hadn't yet acquainted myself with. It was an odd feeling, being the center of attention, and one I wasn't very fond of.

I kept wondering if Draco was worried about the breach in security and how I was in apparent danger.

Getting up to head to potions, the pity filled looks continued as I walked down to the dungeons. I guess I would have to get used to this new attention.

Before I reached the classroom, however, I was pulled into one of the broom closets by cold hands. His hands.

"Shit Draco, you scared me! What is it?" I said with an accidental edge in my voice. With my life "being in danger," I wasn't very happy about being spooked.

"Hey, sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and everything, considering you had to move in with the Slytherins," he stared down at me with unreadable eyes and a flat voice as he spoke. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his mood swings.

"I'm alright. The Ministry will take care of it in no time," he snorted at this and continued to tell me how if the Ministry was involved, it was serious.

I was becoming impatient because like hell I was going to be late on the second day of classes. "Draco, I promise you I'm alright. Just a little on edge," that was an understatement... I was terrified, but my ego was too big to show it. "We should really get to Potions."

He bit his lip before taking my face in his hands, slowly moving his thumbs across my cheeks, "I'm worried about you." I didn't have time to respond before his lips crashed into mine, rocking me into another realm. He pulled away before opening the door for me. Merlin he was confusing and he was a damn good kisser.

Together we quietly snuck out of the closet and down the corridor to the Potions classroom, where we took our seats from the previous day: beside each other.

"Good day class," said a giddy Professor Slughorn, "today we will be brewing an excitingly lethal Draught of Living Death."

That was a paradox if I had ever heard one.

The professor continued, "The first person to successfully accomplish this task will receive this vial of Liquid Luck," he obnoxiously pointed at the elegant, yet small, bottle of clear liquid.

"Now, class, please find a cauldron and begin with instructions in chapter 8 of your books," clapping at his own words, he walked to the back of the class, monitoring each student's performance.

A short while into the class, Harry and Ron stumbled into the classroom and proceeded to attempt the impossible potion. Half-way through, both Draco and I had given up. My hair was fizzy from the putrid fumes that emanated from my cauldron, and his hair was messily tousled from his anxiousness. He looked godly, even in such a hostile state.

Minutes before the end of class, however, Harry seemed to accomplish the impossible, winning the vial of Liquid Luck. That damn Potter, but I guess he needed it most with the return of Voldemort looming over the wizarding world.

I had longed for lunch all day, considering I was forced to skip breakfast.

****************

After lunch was over and I exited the Great Hall, Draco insisted on walking me to class, fearing for my safety. Even in the daylight. However, he stayed steps behind me on the way to Divination so no one would notice his intentions.

Maybe he was worried about my safety. My face heated at the thought and flashbacks to the night before entered my head.

Once we approached the classroom, he continued heading to whatever class he had. I have to admit, I wish he wasn't so embarrassed of me. After all, he said himself that we were just friends... really close friends, I guess.

Sitting at one of the small circular tables next to Neville and Hermione, Professor Trelawney announced that we would be foreseeing our future... with the help of teacups.

Quite confused, I followed her directions on Tessomancy and tried to read the tea leaves that were ground up at the bottom of my teacup.

Neville showed me his asking, "What can you see in mine?"

To which I responded, "A load of soggy brown stuff." Together the three of us bursted into untamable laughter.

Until Professor Trelawney's voice rang throughout the classroom, her face inches from mine, "Oh my dear girl. My dear. You have the Grim..."

Terrible silence hung in the air like the unspoken words of a tragedy.

I knew that meant one thing: death

A/N: I know this one didn't have as much Draco, but I promise I will make up for it in the next chapter!