16: The Burrow

"Drink this Grier," said Draco, handing me a small vial filled with a red liquid.

"Why? What is it?" I cautiously asked as I reached for the vial in his hand, and the train continued to speed closer to Platform 9 ¾.

Wiggling his eyebrows, he leaned in, close to my face and whispered, "Let's just say it'll minimize the chances of us having another blond running around."

At this, my eyes widened and I didn't hesitate to down the contents of the vial as Draco fought back a laugh.

"I'm really going to miss you Draco," I groaned, leaning into him once more.

He ran his fingers softly through my hair, "I'm going to miss you too beautiful." A smile spread across my lips as I looked up at him, "Just think of me every time you look at the ring."

I bit my lip and slowly nodded, "I love it."

Placing his fingers beneath my chin, he slowly kissed me, enveloping me with his scent as my body subconsciously leaned into him. We were interrupted by the sudden halt of the train as we noticed that we had finally arrived at the platform.

We would have to part ways.

He quickly wrapped his arms around me telling me he loved me. Telling me he would write everyday if he could.

He emphasized that I would be safe with the Weasleys.

"We can't be seen together by my father..." Draco said with abhorrence to the mention of his father. He pulled me into another hug and lightly kissed my forehead, "I'll see you soon love. I pinky promise."

He wiggled his pinky finger in my face as my sad eyes met his, bringing my own, smaller pinky finger to meet his.

I pulled him into a quick kiss as the students around us were already moving towards the exit. We both slowly rose, and I headed up the train to gather my things. I looked over my shoulder, his eyes boring into mine before he winked and exited the train.

****************

I huddled together in buzzing anticipation with the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione on the crowded platform as ecstatic students bustled past with their parents.

I suddenly heard an enthusiastic voice booming over everything else, dominating my senses.

"Ohhh, my beautiful children. Merry Christmas!" Yelped Mrs. Weasley, who was continuing to push through the crowd towards us, Mr. Weasley simply "going with the flow."

As the joyous redhead reached us, she grabbed Harry and Hermione in her arms, "And it is so good to see the both of you again. We're going to have a grand Christmas."

She then began hugging each of her children, until I was the only one left.

Her eyes bubbled in contagious excitement as she wrapped her arms around my small body, "And you must be Grier! My goodness you are a stunning little Hufflepuff." I couldn't help but mirror her attitude and her gleaming smile.

"Yes ma'am. I just want to thank you for having me over the holidays... staying with you will be much better than being back at the castle," I said, looking at all of the friends around me.

"Of course, dear. The more the merrier in my book," she let go of me, placing her warm hands on my cheeks, "We'll make sure you have a delightful break."

I had never met someone so genuinely selfless than the Weasleys. You could tell they wore their hearts on their sleeves, making sure that those around them were well equipped to live a life filled with content.

Mr. Weasley finally spoke, "Alright, we should be going soon," as he revealed an old muggle book from his coat. Narrowing my eyes, I realized, with the murmurs circling around me, that it was a portkey.

Merlin, those things made me sick.

We all formed a tight circle, readying for a short, yet very bumpy ride, to The Burrow. Eagerness vibrated my veins as I looked up and into the swarming crowd, catching his grey eyes for a split second.

The smile he gave me burned into my memory∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑∑ just as my body twisted itself in a chaotic swarm of colors. Thank Merlin it didn't last long because my stomach was ready to throw itself out of my body.

"Merlin have mercy on my innards," yelped Fred as he clenched his stomach, "I'll never get used to that dreadful sensation."

I soon drowned out the various string of complaints as I absorbed my surroundings. The overcast skies did nothing to tame the mesmerizing quaintness of The Burrow, as the bare trees softly followed the wind's whispers. The tall grasses that surrounded the area danced with soft rhythm, which drew me in all the same.

The tall house in the center of the lot was wacky in its foundation, but unique like the family who inhabited it. It stretched up high enough, as if to touch the clouds. Various shades of paint beheld the varying levels of the home as, even from the outside, there was no doubting the liveliness of the family who occupied it.

I loved it.

"Alright lovelies, let's get inside and away from this cold," exclaimed Mrs. Weasley, leading us inside.

Mr. Weasley preened open the chipped red wooden door with a creak as we all shuffled inside. Craving the warmth and friendliness of the Weasley home.

Fred and George automatically jumped atop the aged couch with obnoxious grunts, "Ahhh, home sweet home," screeched George.

The interior was quite small, which I didn't mind a bit due to its coziness as Hermione and the others led me up the winding staircase towards our rooms.

"Ron, Ginny, how come you never told me how amazing your house is?" I said with very evident giddiness, for the approaching holiday and simply being surrounded by people I admired and trusted.

While we got ready for bed, I noticed a black owl perched on the windowsill of my room. Opening the glassed rectangle, I took the, also black, letter that hung from its mouth.

Draco.

I instantly ripped open the thick parchment, eager to read the content. It hadn't even been 24 hours.

Dear Grier,

    I hope the Weasleys are treating you well in that place they call home, and I hope that you are enjoying yourself (and your new accessory).

    I wish I could say the same for myself, but with the absence of your presence in this already dreary manor... I fear I may go crazy without you. Merlin these next 3 weeks better go by faster than my patience for my father.

He has his suspicions about my whereabouts with you, but at this point, I know my love for you will act as protection if he uncovers the truth.

I will give you my life before you lose your own. Wow. That was dark.

Anyways, I am simply writing to you as a reminder that I love you, and I can't wait to see your face once we return from break.

I love you endlessly,

Draco

I clasped the letter against my chest, which was beginning to tighten at the realization of how unhappy he was with his family. I hoped the coming weeks would pass quickly for his sake.

Quickly sitting at the single desk within the room, I eagerly wrote my own thoughts of the first couple of hours at The Burrow, and how much I missed him... and his lips.

Giving the sealed letter to my own owl, I watched as he flew across the clouded sky, and I hoped that in the end we would all be okay.

I still couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom.

A/N: I NEED HELP! I've been contemplating whether I should just mix the other book in this single one (technically making it one long book) OR I just literally make other book, apart from this one. Thoughts???