17: Dark Christmas

I spent the next couple of days, leading up to Christmas, indulging in one too many sweets, lounging around with my friends, and writing letters to Draco.

I ached for him like an addict without their drug, a painter without a muse, or a body without its heart. It felt so invigorating knowing that his muscles moved in an attempt to feel me once more. That his lips moved to taste mine. That his hands worked to touch me.

I was his and he was mine. A kaleidoscope of perfect chaos. Perfect danger. And perfect love.

"Whatcha daydreamin about Hufflepuff?" Groaned Fred as he sat beside me on the small, yet oddly comfortable, couch, "Let me guess... grey eyes, weirdly blond hair, scrawny thing?"

I laughed, shaking my head... he was spot on, "You can make your guesses Weasley."

George appeared from the small kitchen, sitting on the other side of me, "It's Christmas Eve Grier... Why do you look so sad? Are we not funny enough?" Gasped George, clutching his chest in the midst of his dramatics.

"You two always know how to lift my spirits," I said, pulling them into the best awkward hug known to man. "And I can't thank you enough."

The rest of the group had trickled in as the twins and I began exchanging our best jokes.

Christmas Eve was filled with fire whiskey, more food, and terrible karaoke as the seven of us fell asleep to the sound of Fred's delightful voice reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.

****************

Christmas morning was very literally magical with the Weasleys as I awoke to the smell of cinnamon buns and apple cider. Merlin it was better than expected.

We exchanged gifts as I received a muggle book called After  from Hermione saying she "learned quite a few things from it." Whatever that meant, but I was grateful all the same because of my undying love for books.

Fred and George gave me a joke set from their shop in Diagon Alley, which I know will go to good use.

Harry and Ron collaborated and ended up buying a vintage jewelry box that was charmed to play my favorite song when opening. I couldn't thank them enough for the heartfelt gift.

Mrs. Weasley ended up giving me one of her trademark initial sweaters, which I would treasure forever, and Ginny gave me a simple gold bracelet, which complimented the ring Draco had given me perfectly.

It was the perfect Christmas.

Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin, two members of the allusive Order of the Phoenix, joined us for supper, which consisted of homemade biscuits and pumpkin soup. I slowly sipped my mother's special tea as Tonks and Lupin swapped stories about their time at Hogwarts.

"I think I'm going to go take a quick nap," I announced after the meal, turning to the guest couple, "It was an honor to meet the both of you... I hope I'll see you again."

Tonks brought me into a tight hug and said, "Sweet girl, I know you're headed places with that brain of yours, especially since you're a Hufflepuff like I once was... same with Hermione!" She laughed as Lupin shook my hand, a peculiar look in his eyes.

Saying the last of my goodbyes, I headed up the steep stairs and collapsed onto my twin sized bed, overcome with fatigue.

I was unsure how long I was asleep for before I felt a tingling sensation jolt me from my slumber. Whipping my head around the room, I felt the all too familiar feeling that someone was watching me. My heart rate continued to increase like a fatal warning of what was to come.