Chapter 18

Time gap because why not🤷🏾‍♀️
.

Three Months Later....

Danielle

"Alright Dani, so I want you to raise both of your arms as high as you can... so make sure your getting a good stretch." David says.

I reach my arms over my head, but I get a sharp shoulder pain, trying to over do it.

"Ah shit!" I wince in pain and he comes to my side and gives it a slight message, and begins to help me rotate it.

"Dani you needa to take it easy. Don't force yourself if you know your limits." I take a deep sigh and nod.

"It's alright you were doing great! You are definitely making progress, and you are one of my most determined trainees. We will try some different exercises when I see you on Friday." He pats my shoulder and gives me this wink that puts me in a trance everytime.

David is my physical therapy coach. After my accident, and after I was released from the hospital, I  been having to go to physical therapy. I go for both of my shoulders and the back of my neck.

Even though it has been a couple of months I am still recovering, and still have pains, but I am able to walk, just with some upper body limitations.

"Hey bestie!" I feel a touch on my shoulder and immediately jump.

"It's okay girly its just me..." I look to see a brownskin girl with curly hair and a bright smile.

"Oh yea..." I pause and flash a smile as I don't know what to say next.

"Bri..." she finishes my sentence and hugs me.

"Yea... Bri... I missed you." I hugged her back, and the hug felt so loving.

"How you feeling today? Your mom wanted me to pick you up from physical therapy today, since she wanted to get you some things for the house." She digs into her purse looking for something.

"I'm feeling pretty good, and tell mama she doesn't need to do that. I have healed and completely recovered." I giggle.

"Girl you know yo stingy ass still needs some assistance." She playfully rubs my shoulder and I just give a small smile.

Unfortantly one major impact from the accident, was my memory loss. I have a severe case of it... so it caused me to forget many of the important people around me, including my bestfriend.