25 December 2020

The wind is screeching in my ears. Snowflakes whirling around in the storm make the horizon hard to see. I look back with a wish of returning back to the village with the people that saved me. But I cannot. I must go on and continue my journey.
I look at myself. I'm covered in a thick cape. I can feel the wounds that healed almost decently. Luckily I can bear with them now.

It's getting dark. It's getting late. I need to get out of here, the storm is dangerous. I push more forward to end up arriving in front of a river. "Well do I be doomed.", I sigh.

I look back to where I came from only to find out I'm ambushed. I'm cornered. The only way out is the water. But it's too cold. I would freeze to death.

I grit my teeth, squint my eyes and take my fighting stance on, gripping on to my daggers. Luckily, I think, I got my boots without heels.
The enemies approach slowly as I step back at the same pace until I get close to the edge of the river.
That's it, there is no more room for me to go back.

I inhale sharply. Some gasp out of the sudden. They're looking at me. Or maybe not. I focus better to see what's happening. I step forward slowly. As some start running away, others drop their weapons and are astonished, I look behind my back to check if there is anything they're seeing.

Out of the mist, shadows appear. The waters unravel in sounds and waves. The shadows grow in number. I sigh as I would think I needed anything worse to deal with.

A big star appears as bright as the sun, in the middle of the night. Shining down on the shadows, it reflects the entities in the water. Looking up from the water, I see a majestic lion leading a hoard of animals. Birds, tigers, butterflies, crows, elephants and more, they all line up before me.

I turn around to see that there are still others willing to fight. As the moon and the bright star got closer to one another, so did the people start attacking. All the animals rush past me into battle. Is this a war begun? Why am I not fighting?