Who are you?

I back off from the ongoing siege, running into the woods. Strangely I find a well midsts the forest. I bend over its edge only to find out it's dry.

Before I could dodge, someone pushes me inside of the well. I fall on my back. "Cursed thou be by thy voice and crawl thou free through torment and noise.", the voice echoes through the well.

I sit down thinking how I should have fought. I shouldn't have ran away. Now I'm stuck. I deepen into my thoughts..
I hear a voice occasionally giggling or making noises here and there. "Who's there? Who are you?", I ask.
"Who are you?", the voice echoes.

After a couple of days, hunger and thirst take over. The voice, not detectable from where it could come, haunts through the well: "How dare you run in cowardice, you betrayed them all and left them for dead! Now it's your turn to die! No one will come for you, you'll rot in here.  You've been hiding since the beginning, the battle you have avoided! Now you have made enemies who will take upon evil and the ones you've sworn to protect. They will multiply and win while you rot in here. You can't even take your time to upgrade your armour or fix yourself any tools or supplies, let aside money and weapons! Hah, you're so pathetic, you can't even deal with your own work, the papers, let aside from being a coward, you're also very stupid."

The voice keeps going on without stopping for hours and hours. I crawl into corner, curling myself up in a ball trying to deafen it by covering my ears. "Shut up, it's not true, you're lying..", I keep whispering.

After more hours of dealing with it I couldn't take it anymore, it worsened with every word. "SHUT UP!", I screech miserably.
I try to climb up the well again desperately while panting. I fail doing so, resulting in scratched, bleeding palms.
I look at my palms shaking. Filled of rage I form them into fists and slam them against the hard, sharp rock.

I lean against the wall of the well, sliding down on it back to a sitting position. I cry.
I try to get my shoes off and I start digging with my feet in the dirt of the well without any much result. I get lost in the motion while thinking how my time is ending without any resource of water.

After another hour, I hear a familiar voice: "Crescentia! Cres! Where are you?!".
It's Daisuke. I could recognise that voice in a thousand other ones.
"I'm here!", I alarm with some coughs of my last efforts.

I stare up. He shows up above me. "There you are! I'll help you out quickly!", he swiftly throws a rope down. "Take it!", he wiggles it lightly. I take the rope in my hands and try to pull myself up. "Agh!", I fall down. The wounds prevent me from using it.

"What happened?", he worries. "I can do close to nothing. I have had no sleep, food or drinks and I'm wounded.", I inform him.
"Dear god, you've had quite a fight. Try tying it under your armpits.", he puzzles.

I try to make a loop that doesn't tighten around my body. "Ready.", I signal. He starts pulling me up. In order not to get dragged up on the sharp stones, I use my feet, stinging from the sand wounds, walking up not to get even more hurt.

"You're almost there, hang on!", he cheers.
But I slip a little and fall through the rope loop.
"Crescentia!", he shouts alarmed. I catch onto the loop with my bare hands. "Keep pulling, quickly!", I scowl in agony.

Finally I arrive up and I get pulled out by my wrists. I let myself fall on my back after letting go of the rope. "Here, take this.", Daisuke hands me his water after taking a seat, leaning against the well.
I drink of it as much as I need. "Thank you.", I say gratefully.

After catching on breath we head quickly to a safe place. There I recover and rest after getting treatments and food.