The Minutes Of The Truth

Then you all heard a door close. The boys stopt bc they though they were teachers, so they ran away. For a moment you hoped it was Tom but they were some students. You try to get up but you can't, so you sit against the lockers. You sigh and shed a tear down your cheeks. You sit there for another minute, then you get up and go home.

*you arrive at home*
You open the door.

You: "Mom i'm home!"

Mom: "Be quiet, I'm on the phone!"

She sighs. You walk further into the living room. Then Luna barks running towards you. You laugh. You sit on the floor and pet Luna. She is very happy to see you again.

You: "Hello, how are you?"

She staggered on your arm, which has a few bruises on it. She barks pathetically.

You: "Yeh I know, I did something again what they didn't want me to do."

She barks. You Smile.

Mom: "Ugh get out of the way stupid dog!"

You: "What did you say?"

She walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge.

Mom: "Why don't we have anything at home?"

You: "Because you don't buy food?!"

You get up and walk to the kitchen.

Mom: "That is not true! It's your job!" She points her finger at you.

You: "Yeah, just like doing the laundry and cleaning the whole house plus cooking all the food, putting in the dishwasher and so much more!"

Mom: "DON'T TALK TO ME THIS!"

You: "WHY WOULD I?"

Mom: "BECAUSE I AM YOUR MOTHER!"

You: "Oh yes, I don't notice anything else, if you really are my mother you would have told me where dad is and why he left. 3 MONTHS AGO! 3 MONTHS !! Why (Pause). Why don't you just don't tell me!"

Mom: ''Because I'm not telling you!"

You: "So there is something"

Mom: .......

You: "You never ask how it is at school, you are always busy with work! JUST TELL ME WHAT GOING ON! TELL ME!!"

You: WHERE.. IS.. MY.. DAD !?

Mom: "HE IS NOT YOUR DAD!"

You: 'What.... What do you mean?'

Mom: "HE IS NOT YOUR ORGANIC FATHER, he found out 3 months ago."

That hits hard. You feel empty, the feeling that all feelings flow away. You never knew this all your life. You can't believe this. You feel your eyes getting watery, you try to hold it in but you can't.

You: "Is that why you hate me so much?"

She looks at the ground. You know enough.

You: "Where is he? I have a right to know."

Mom: "Why do you even care? I mean he is not your biological father."

You: "Maybe not, but he was there when I need him. He was there for me when you were too busy with your work. WHERE IS HE!"

Mom: "He went on a trip for work. (She sighs) A week later we were divorced. He didn't want to see you anymore."

You: "That is not true!"

Mom: "Yes it is!"

You: "I cannot believe this!"

You started to cry

You: "MY WHOLE LIFE YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO ME! I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!"

You grab your sketchbook and a pencil from a table. Luna sits next to the sofa.

You: "Come Luna, lets go to the park."

She barks and you grab a leash and put it on Luna.

Mom: "DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE, OR OR- HEY!"

You: "nope i'm going to the park and there is nothing you can do."

Mom: "that right JUST WALK AWAY YOU BI**H"

You quickly walk away. You walk to the park, it is quiet. It's like you're the only person in the world. When you arrive you sit against a tree. You started to cry. Luna sits with you and comfort you. You untie her from her leash, she happily runs back and forth witch makes you laugh. The she sits with you again. You stroke and hug her. You grab your sketchbook and start drawing her. After a while you see Luna playing with another dog. They run behind each other and play happily with with each other. Then they come running to you.