Dog Issues

Time swap

You wake up slowly. You open your eyes. The suns shine on your face. That reminds you where you are and what happened yesterday. Then you realize that Tom is sleeping next to you. You carefully sit up straight. You get up and take a blanket and put it over Tom. He is still sleeping peacefully. You walk to the backyards and open the door. You walk out. You can see a bit of fog in the distance. You sit on the grass and run your fingers through your hair and then put them on the grass. It feels soft. You take a deep breath and look around you. You sit there for about 10 minutes. Finally you can enjoy where you are for a moment. Someone is sitting next to you. You don't have to guess who it is. It stays quiet for a while. You look at him, and you see his hair fluttering in the wind. He looks at you and he sees you shine in the sun that is just rising. You smile to each other.

Tom: "How are you?"

You: "Pretty good actually. It's only crazy that I'm here and see the sun rise, and that I'm here ...... alive."

You look at the sun.

Tom: "you are a strong person y/n. And we are goning to get through this okey?"

You nod

Tom: "But I have good news and bad news. What do you want to hear first?"

You chuckle.

You: "Bad news."

Tom: "Okey, the bad news is that we need to go to school today, not that I like it, but it's almost weekend."

You laugh

You: "And the good news?"

Tom: "The good news is that we are going to have the best weekend ever."

You: "You sure about that?"

Tom stand up

Tom: "Yes, and now I'm starving. We are going to eat!"

You: "I'm not hungry"

Tom: "Yes, you are. Now take my hand and we are going to-"

You: "-eat, yes I get it."

You laugh. You take Tom's hand and you get up. At that moment you hear a dog barking.

You: "Luna?"

Tom: "Luna?"

You look at Tom and again at Luna, you let your hand slide away and run to Luna and she comes running towards you. She jumps on your legs and you lower yourself to the ground.

You: "Hey Luna, omg i'm so sorry. I miss you so much."

You pick up Luna and hug her. She licks your face.

You: "Bah, I didn't miss that."

You laugh and Luna happily jumps around you. Tom is enjoying because you are so happy. He sees you playing with each other. He can only laugh. You look behind you. You see Nikki and Dominic together. They smile.

You; "Did you guys do this?"

They nod

You run to them and give them a big hug.

You: "Thank you so much!"

Nikki: "Your welcome."

Tessa then comes running in and runs to Tom and Luna. Tom laugh and runs after Luna and Tessa. You run after them to a grass field. You laugh. Tessa and Luna run around you.

Tom: "Where do they get that energy today?"

You laugh. Tom and you are breathless following Tessa and Luna

You: "I don't know, I don't know."

You recover from laughter.

You: "And they are gone again."

Tom: "Yes, probably running in the grass after each other."

You: "Yes, probably."

You look Tom in the eyes. Then you look on your watch

You: "We really need to go to school."

Tom: "yeah, but first we need to find Tessa and Luna."

You step into the grass that has not been mowed for weeks. It comes roughly to your knees.

Tom: "Luna!"

Tom: "Luna!"

You: "Tessa?"

Then you see some rustling in the grass a little further.

You: "Over there!"

You point your finger at the moving grass.

Tom: "Alright let's go."

You walk to the rustle with om behind you. You see Tessa and Luna lying in the grass. They're sleeping.

Tom: "Naww, I think they're exhausted."

You: "Yep, let's bring them home."

You pick up Luna and Tom pick up Tessa and bring them home. Y'all eat breakfast and be ready to go to school.