Saying Goodbye Is Hard

Tom has later the month more and more auditions. After 1 month Tom has to go too America for the final audition. You're in the car with him. Haz drives. You're in the backseat. You hold him close. The idea that you have to miss him for days makes you sad. Tom has been released from school. You only have to go to school for a few weeks and then you hope to graduate just like Tom. The car stops. You have arrived at the airport. You get out of the car and walk through the airport hand in hand until it's time to say goodbye.

"I think it's time to say goodbye." Tom stands in front of you.

You: "I hate that word."

Tom chuckles, he sighs.

Tom: "I'm gonna miss you."

You: "I'm gonna miss you too"

You try your best to hold back your tears. He gives you a hug. You lean your head on his chest. He slides his hand through your hair. You pull of the hug. Tom gives haz and hug.

Tom: 'Can you take care of here?'

Haz: "Ofc mate."

He smiles

You: "I can take care of myself!"

They smile.

Tom: "Naww, please don't cry."

You: "I'm not crying yet."

He takes you're hand.

You: "You're going after you're dreams now. And don't think about me too much. I'll be fine. Enjoy everything you will experience ..... and (pause) I'm so so so proud of you, I can't put it in words!"

You shed a tear. Tom has you got a big hug.

Tom: "I love you so much y/n, and I'm gonna miss you."

You pull of the hug and kiss him on the lips.

You: "I love you. Now go, before you miss your flight." You sigh.

He packs his suitcase, he smiles weak. You smile back and say with your lips: 'its okay'. He sighs and turns and walks away. Haz put his am over your shoulder. He sighs. You shed another tear.

Haz: "Hey, it's going to be alright. He is only gone for 5 days."

You: "Yes, 5 long days."

Haz chuckles.

Haz: "Come we are going home."

You and haz walk to the car and get in and then drive home. You play your favorite music. You guys had fun. The rest of the day you (Harry, Sam, Paddy and Haz) watched movies and played games together. In the evening you receive a call from Tom.

You: "Hi Tom."

Tom: "Hi y/n."

You: "How was the flight?"

Tom: "It was super beautiful, you could see the sunset through the window. I wish you could've see it."

You smile.

You: "How are you feeling?"

Tom: 'Eehm, I'm excited for this whole journey, but I'm so tired of the flight. And I wanna give you a hug, but I can't.....I miss you."

You: "I miss you too."

Tom: "How are you?"

You: "I'm ok, I just waching some movies with harry, paddy, Sam and ofc Harrison."

Tom: "Nice."

You: "Yeah so that was fun, Tessa misses you too, she keeps barking that's a little sad."

Tom: "Naww I miss her too , I literally have no one here. I'm so lonely." He makes a puppy face. You chuckle.

You: "you know your never alone."

Tom smiles

Tom: "It's late, you have to sleep."

You: "No, I wanna talk to you as long as possible."

Tom: "Not gonna happen!"

You: "Why not?"

Tom: "Bc you are tired, I know you longer than today."

You sigh.

You: "Okay, but you have to promise me that you are also going to rest!"

Tom: "Yes I promise."

You: "Ok ... bye then"

Tom: "I love you'

You: "Love you too."

Tom: "Bye."

You: "Bye."

Tom: "Ok, I don't wan't to push the red button."

Tom smiles weak, you start to tear up bc you miss him so much. Before Tom sees you to push the butten with pain in your heart. You let a tear drop from your face. But you have to admit that he's gone for 5 days.

The next day you are at school. You walk in the hall without Tom by your side.

Ashley: "oh hey y/n, where is your boyfriend...what is his name agin, oh .. Tom?'"

Steven: "oh wait I don't see him, did you broke up?"

The boys standing next to it laugh. You walk over too them.

You: "Tom is somewhere"

Ashely: "Where then?"

You: "Somewhere."

Steven: "Probably your imagination."

Everyone is laughing at you. You stap one more step to Ashley. Her green eyes and her make-up skin are right in front of yours.

You: "Before you say anything, this is top secret, you can't know about anything. If Tom succeeds, you will look at him completely differently. So shut the h*ll up!"

You smile and walk away. They don't say anything. They are silent about it.