S2 Chapter 5

"Mum-" just when I finally dared to ask mum, I was interrupted by none other than my boyfriend and his mother. What a strange coincidence. Both me and mum stopped in our tracks as we stopped the Bakugo's walking towards us while arguing about something. "Get your hands off me, woman" Katsuki shouted to his mum while slapping her hands away as she tried to touch his hair.

My mum's eyes widen as she stares his mum slap him on the back of his head. Cleary still not used to the Bakugo's behaviour. "I am your mother" Mitsuki roared at her son as I just laughed at him "look at you, Katsuki you didn't even brush your hair. What if you run into your girlf-?" just as she was about to finish her sentence, mum shouted out to them. Waving her hands to get their attention, but it didn't take them long to notice us. Katsuki stared at me with cheeks that were beginning to glow rosy red and started messing around with his hair as his mum laughed beside him.

The mother and son walked up to us as mum gave a big bright smile, still in a happy mood from the pictures of her baby. But all I could offer was a tiny smile, my mood falling with every passing second I don't ask mum. "Hello" the mum's both greeted each other, and usually mum wasn't the show-off type, but when it came to her children, she had no control. She took out the picture from her wallet, showing her ultra scan to both son and mother. I couldn't even believe Katsuki was looking at the scan with such delicate eyes.

Mitsuki pulled mum into a tight embrace as they both began chatting. Trying to distract myself with them conversation, but my thoughts were swallowing me up that it was hard to escape. However, he pulled me out. His soft and warm touch that gave me comfort. Katsuki's fingers wrapped around my wrist before pulling me off to the side a little away from our mums. He looked stared into my eyes, and somehow he knew.

"What's wrong with you?" his voice had no room to avoid.

I was conflicted to tell him or not. For ordinary people, it would be easy to tell the love of their life about their problems but not me. It was like there was something wrong with me that I liked distancing myself. But I didn't want to do that. However, the words had already left me. Looking at him in those beautiful eyes "nothing, I just couldn't sleep" giving him a small smile like before.

Maybe lying just ran in my family somehow, Endeavor seems like he does it all the time. While the demon is making me distrust mum somehow. Was she really hiding something? Something evil. My eyes trailed to mum, where she stood smiling and laughing happily. Would her happiness disappear if I started asking questions?

"Oi was it that bitch?" He grabbed ahold of my shoulders with nowhere else to look but him. Katsuki knew what he was doing. Letting out a deep sigh as I just simply nodded my head. Even if I tried to lie, he would beat me until I finally said it. I can't go back to how it was ago then. The pain I went through, just keeping it to myself was too much.

"Remember what that burnt villain said" glancing down to my feet as the word of the demon comes back. "You can't trust that man. He too has yet to forgive, he's still running from his past, but soon he will bring terror." If only it were that easy, I wish I could say it, but everything was a mess, once I had everything sorted I would tell him. Katsuki softly held onto my chin and pulled it up to him before leaving a soft kiss on my cheek. "Don't worry about it. Everything will be fine" he whispered into my ear before his mum called him. We waved goodbye to the Bakugo's before we headed home.

Feeling a nudge on my left side to see mum wiggling her eyebrows at me with that teasing smirk of hers. "I saw that little ki-" before she could finish her sentence, I covered my ears with hands as my face exploded in red. "Shh, you didn't see anything" I shouted out with my hands still covering my ears as she laughed loudly.

Eventually, we arrived home just on time for Shota to come out of a black car that wasn't his. He looked absolutely exhausted and when I thought mum wanted to have dinner then show him at the table. Nope think again. Mum ran past me and straight into him, jumping up and down as she showed him the picture. He immediately embraced her tightly as I stood to the sidelines, watching it all happen but just when they were gonna kiss. I stepped in.

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked him as they broke the embrace but still holding hands. He let out a deep sigh as he gave brief details of his mission that he will be going on with a few other students. I was worried about their safety, but I knew each one of them was strong and they were gonna come out fine.

Once we entered the house, I could tell mum and dad were excited to celebrate their new baby. Walking into the kitchen to see mum taking food out but stopping her. "Why don't you both go out to celebrate?" smiling gently at mum before she turned to glance at Shota to see him looking at me worriedly. Grabbing the food out of mum hand and putting it away before pushing mum into her room to began getting dressed.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Some alone time will be good" smiling at them as they both were all dressed up standing by the door. Maybe that wasn't the only reason. I had a mission, but mum couldn't be here.

Mum gave me one last hug before they were gone. The door shut, and I was immediately bargaining into mum's room. Using my detective skills from tv shows I had watched with mum. Searching everywhere, under the bed, in her bedside table. There was nowhere else in this house that her secrets could hide from me, but there was still one more place I hadn't looked. It was a scary thought, but it had to be done. In our small house, we had an attic, but mum never let me go up there. She said I would get hurt up there. Maybe I should have looked there first.

Today I was gonna break that rule. Grabbing the ladder and placing it and climbing up to see the mysterious darkness. But it didn't scare me, I'm used to dark spaces. I've been through worse than a dark attic. Once I was standing in the attic, I could understand what she might. Wooden planks were coming up from the floor, but that wasn't all. There were so many boxes, most of them were things from when I was young. Even my crib. My eyes widen at the sight of the white baby crib. While I guess she doesn't have to spend money on a new one.

Scanning through the boxes trying to find one that stood out when there it was. It was a much smaller one than the rest with the date xxxx on it. It was from the time mum lived with her parents. Opening the lid to see some old pictures of mum when she was younger and a few with her parents, but there was one that stole my attention.

It looked as if it was a family photo. There were my grandparents and mum in the middle of them but attached to her legs were two small children. A boy and a girl were hugging her legs with bright smiles. Mum never told me she had siblings. So who were they?