1

"Free ... finally all free
Free to live, free to choose our life, free to sleep peacefully"

were Emma's thoughts as she walked through the corridors of the shelter, after 4 weeks of pure sleep due to the deep wounds sustained by Lewis.
She still remembers it in detail. A single moment, a second that seemed to last much longer.

She still remembers the shock at the sight of the demon's fingers piercing her, and all she just said was a single <oh.>

Then the darkness. She felt cold, she felt tired. She fought with her whole self not to let go.
Then she heard it.
She heard her best friend call her by name. He shouted it. He yelled it as loud as he could. He didn't want to lose her.
They had always been together ever since they left grace field. He had taken care of her by vowing he would never try to commit suicide again. And she did the same. She took care of him with the pure and innocent smile of a child in love who had not yet realized what she felt.

"Ray is calling me. I can't disappoint him" she thought to herself.

<you're right. You can't disappoint him, and neither can I.>
Her eyes widened as her soul gave in more and more. She saw Norman smiling at her lovingly. One of the usual smiles that they used to exchange since childhood.
He gently took her hand and walked her close to her body

<please Emma. Do not give up. Do it for our family.>

She still looked at him in shock

< Emma. Change the world > there was another voice. Another shock. Mom held out her hand. She was smiling too. One of the few real smiles she ever seen in her 12 years.
And it was a moment. Her whole family was there, next to her, urging her not to give up.

She felt invaded by their comfort and used all the strength to open her eyes and be able to get up, albeit with difficulty.
She walked over to the gun with the special bullet, then turned to Lewis.

Her best friend saw her.
She could barely support himself on his legs.
There was no time to waste. He understood Emma's plan and with all his might he screamed

<SHOOT A BURST WITHOUT STOPPING!>
Emma felt a slight relief, and with the last strength she aimed precisely at Lewis. She pulled the trigger, and from then on she remembers very few things.

She remembered Lewis falling to the ground helpless, the screams of happiness that spread following the victory, ray screaming her name once again after she slumped to the ground again.
Before falling into a deep sleep of 4 weeks, she could feel a drop wetting her face.

"Is Ray crying? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry him so ... so much ... I ..."

And she completely abandoned her state of consciousness.

----
When she awoke after 4 weeks, tried to open her eyes.
The first thing she perceived was a voice in the distance.
Emma could hear someone calling her name, slowly at first, then louder, until she was able to open her eyes completely.
And she saw it. Her family was there.

Gilda and Anna were crying along with other children, while don and others smiled at her

<is everyone .... okay?> was the first thing she asked.
Yuugo who was still in a corner of the room approached her bed

<you just woke up and you're are already asking if everyone is okay. You are incredible emma. Don't worry they are all here alive>

Emma smiles at him. Suddenly she felt another stimulus in her hand.
She turned and saw ray holding it in his hands as he smiled tenderly at her

<ray ...>
<welcome back Emma ...>
<I missed you ray>. The raven blushed slightly, but he couldn't get noticed by her nor by his family. So he did what he would have done spontaneously anyway

<Emma ....> he smiled at her as he was getting closer
<Ray...?>