16💘

Taehyung squinted his eyes as he tried opening them but due to the strong lighting couldn't open them for a while. He squirmed in the bed as he tried to sit up.

He recalled what made him have a panic attack, his hands started shaking again. But before he could panic even more, the door opened. Taehyung whipped his head towards its direction and saw Jungkook standing there with a tray in his hand.

Jungkook gulped and padded towards Taehyung, very well aware of taehyung's gaze. Without muttering a single word he sat down on front of him and placed the tray on the side table.

Taehyung wasn't even blinking as he continued gawking at Jungkook. Jungkook bit his lips anxiously as he slowly held taehyung's hand.

Taehyung looked down at their hands. Jungkook's thumb was caressing his hand. Jungkook brought his hand to his face as he put some strands of taehyung's hair behind his ear.

"Are you feeling better?"

Jungkook asked softly. Taehyung just nodded in response.

"It's not your first time having a panic attack right?"

Taehyung smiled sadly. He used to have panic attacks since childhood, when his mother left. Jungkook gazed at taehyung's face as he found him lost in thoughts.

"Tae... Baby..."

Taehyung's breath hitched as he stammered.

"D-don't call me that."

"What else should I call an adorable baby?"

Jungkook teased trying to make Taehyung smile, which worked a little.

"Did you hit your head somewhere and time traveled to six years back?"

Taehyung laughed clearly taunting Jungkook who gave a small smile in response.

"I am sorry---"

"Can't you just leave already?"

Taehyung asked as he turned his head to the side. Jungkook took a deep breath and finally spoke the words he has been trying to.

"Tae... I'm saying sorry for getting your address by hiring a watchman---"

"What!?"

Taehyung was dumbfounded by the confession. Jungkook just continued.

"And... for...not trusting you. I know I was wrong. You did nothing behind my back. It's all my fault. Nothing is or was your fault. You were always the right one. Our relationship lacked communication, y-you were just scared. I-i should have listened to you, noticed your worries, your insecurities. That behaviour surely damaged our relationship but...."

"But I was the one who loves you and promised to protect you. I should have given you a chance to explain yourself..."

He stopped when he heard hiccups. Taehyung was trying his best to not cry. His heart ached seeing him like that but he had to make sure that Taehyung won't blame himself for anything.

"And last night. I kissed you. You responded because of how..... How I can control you, pull you towards myself, trap you in those emotions. I was drunk. I must have said something sensitive to make you comply to my demand. I'm sorry for all that."

Taehyung wiped his tears with the back of his hand and opened his mouth to speak.

"I f-forgave you long ago koo. But---"

Jungkook looked at him in eyes waiting for him to complete his sentence.

"B-but I can't forgive you for neglecting my baby. Y-you even refused to accept her."