~ Its my fault. . .~

Title of one shot; It's my fault. . .
Requested by; Nobody
Type of angst; Donnie blames himself
AU; None
Prompt; None
Summary; Donnie blames himself for losing a precious thing to the Hamato family, Mikey blames him. Leo? Leo doesn't. He knew it wasn't Donnie's fault. It wasn't Donnie's fault for being a softshelled turtle.
Brofluff?; Yes
_________________
- Third persons pov -
Donnie sat in his lab, he hasn't left since the day shredder killed the former leader, which grief-stricken the Hamato family. He felt like he could crumble and break, and yet, he just kept on carrying on. But he felt no motivation to leave his lab, ever again, he didn't want to face Mikey and Splinter. He could care less about Leo at this point now, the genius just silently drew some pictures on a white sheet of paper. He was drawing Raph, the snapping turtle that unfortunately was brutally killed by shredder. And he was the one to blame, "DAMN IT!" He growled, slamming his left fist on his desk. And what else? He also lost his robotic 'son', Shelldon. He just couldn't get anything right, could he? The genius shook his head and kept on drawing random pictures, he just stopped drawing Raph. He heard a knock from behind him, he glanced over his shoulder and saw the red eared slider.

It was Leo. He came over towards Donatello and sat next to him, "You okay?. . ." Donnie said nothing and looked back at his drawings, he wasn't sure if he was ever gonna be okay. He was just a softshelled turtle, with a now ripped apart battleshell. But he had another battleshell on him at the moment, and cause of his species; He let Raph die. All because that he was just a softshelled turtle. "I let him die. . .Will I ever be okay?!" He growled, his arms were shaking as he kept drawing. Leo frowned and rested his hand on Donnie's shoulder, "I'm just a useless softshell turtle. If it weren't for my species, he wouldn't have died!" He hissed, Leo's frown only grew. "It wasn't your fault for being a softshell, it wasn't your fault that Raph protected you from Shreddy. It was nobody's fault," Leo mumbled, he could tell that Donnie was fighting back his tears.

That's when Leo only embraced the genius into a hug, "Believe me when I say this Don, you are not a useless softshell. You are smart, brave and strong. You handled the shredder amazingly well, alongside us. You are anything but useless, and you know what else? Your the genius. I know this isn't your fault, Hell, I'm surprised you did everything you could to fix him up. Even without medical care skills. And trust me; Donnie, you are awesome. And you will always have me by your side, every step of the way." Leo whispered, he just kept hugging the genius. Donnie buried his face into the crook of Leo's neck, letting out quiet sobs. "It isn't your fault that he's dead, it was Shreddy's fault. I know none of this is your fault, we have each other." Leo murmured as Donnie hugged him, sobbing still.

Leo could feel his heart wrenching with grief as Donnie sobbed, it hurt him to know that the genius was blaming himself for this. 'Why do you do this Don?' He thought, hugging the other male a bit tightly. He gently stroked his battleshell, he didn't really know why Donnie was so traumatized whenever he talks about how they fought shredder when the shredder had first appeared. They always seem to left something out, something that traumatized the genius. "It's okay. . .I'm here. . ." Leo whispered, kissing his forehead gently(brotherly in here).

They just stayed there until Donnie fell asleep. . .
But for how long?
________________
I hoped you guys enjoyed this short oneshot! Yeah, I'm so sorry for it being short! I really didn't have any other ideas for this, but I feel bad. (Thank god Raph didn't actually die-)

Sayonara my lattes!~