Peppermint Bark

The plane ride was smooth, with small conversations here and there before I fell asleep on Toshi's shoulder. Toshi managed to snap a picture while I was asleep, sending it to my mom at her request causing her to post it on her Facebook. Toshi also set the picture as his lock screen background. When I awake, we are on the ground and Toshi is far away, speaking on the phone with who  I assume to be his parents by the loving tone in his voice. Still too sleepy to make out words, much less say them, I focus on sitting up. I see my mom has left off the plane already and I smile at the thought of alone time with Toshi, even if it's just a few seconds. He sees I'm awake and hangs up, coming over to me. He helps me to stand up and as we walk off the plane, I kiss his cheek. "I love you," I whisper. "I love you, too," He tells me, undoubtedly. We walk off the plane and I am surprised to see Mic and Eri standing there, waiting for us. "I just got off the phone with Dad," Toshi tells them, confirming my theory. "Merry Christmas!" I tell everyone, cheerfully. "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Eri and Mic shout in sync, sharing a happy glance of approval with one another at the accomplishment. "Merry Christmas, Babe," Toshi says, loud enough where everyone can hear and my face heats at the pet name. "Where's my mom?" I ask Toshi. He shrugs his shoulders and looks to Mic. "She went ahead to go fetch a cab so she could run by her home to change." I look to their apparel back to mine. "Actually, I think I need to do the same. I'll see you all later." I run off but I soon feel Toshi join me. "You can change into something of mine, take a shower at my house. Just come on, please," he begs. "As much as I would love to I've been wearing the same shirt ever since I bought it in America and as much as I love Frosty the Snowman, I have the perfect outfit in mind at my house. Why do you care so much about an hour? Do you have separation anxiety?" I question him. "I just don't want you to leave me. I can't take someone else leaving me." I take his face in my hand. "I will never leave you. I will always be with you. I love you but I stink and my outfit is at home so let me get a shower and change and I'll be with you. You remember how I turned without you. I can't be without you either. I can stay on call with you if you'd like or you can even come to the house but I've got to go home." He smiles at that. "Okay," he tells me.

          After laying out a red tux my mom got me from one of her many trips, I turn on the shower in my bathroom, waiting for the water to warm. Toshi knocks and I tell him to come in. "Please tell me you're not actually planning on wearing the outfit on your bed. I look to the ground, not denying the accusation. He walks over to me, lifting my head up. "Babe you don't have to try that hard. You already know everyone loves you."

"But Eri and Mic looked so nice! I need to dress up too!" I exclaim, trying to get him to listen to reason. I feel the water and see that it's warmed up. I step in, towards the back where I won't get my clothes wet. and throw my clothes over the top of the shower. "Babe. There is no reason to where a full Calvin Clein Tux!" I pour soap in my hair, lathering it in. "Yeah? Well, the tie is from Gucci and the shoes are from Louise Vuitton!" Hitoshi laughs, causing me to laugh in turn. "You're not helping your case here," he manages through the giggles. "Well I'm wearing it and if you don't like it, I just won't go!"I scream, breaking the happiness of the room. "Babe I'm just trying to explain that a much more comfortable option is available. I'm just wearing ripped jeans and a black or white t-shirt." I sigh. "And it'll look good on you but I don't look good in just everything! Can we please not fight on Christmas! I'll get rid of the jacket but that's it." Toshi finally agrees. Soon, I get out of the shower and change.

          "Hey!" Aizawa greets me, moving out of the way to let me and Toshi in. He reaches out his hand to my mom. "It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Shota Aizawa, Hitoshi's dad, a pro hero, and your son's teacher!" He greets. My mother seems impressed by his attitude and continues to introduce herself. I follow Hitoshi to the kitchen to greet Mic. "Hey, Mr- I mean Yamada!" He smiles at me. "Hey, Denki! You look really nice!" He compliments. "Thank you! You too!" Soon we met up with Eri, too.

The night was nice and peaceful full of holly jolly spirit. My mother loved the Hizashi-Aizawas and dinner went by deliciously, even though I didn't eat much until dessert. For dessert, there was only one thing I was focused on, Peppermint Bark. That's actually how I would describe the whole evening if I'm being honest. The delicious two chocolates blending perfectly together and to top the whole evening off was the famous peppermint. But, I haven't even said what the peppermint of the evening was. The peppermint was near the end of the night, I was standing in the doorway talking to Toshi, only for him to look up mid-conversation, so I stopped talking to see what he was looking at. I blushed at the sight of the mistletoe above us. He and I don't say anything but he pins my wrists to the wall and I have no complaints with the action as he kisses me, soon letting go of my hands so he can wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I put my arms around his neck. Soon, we pull apart for air. "There should be mistletoe year- round," I tell him. "Just tell me when and I'll move mountains to get to those lips of yours," he claims, looking greedily at my lips again. This time, I close the space between us. He breaks the kiss to ask me a question. "Will you stay the night with me?" I smile, giving him a soft peck on the lips. "Always."