Chapter 28

Ahsoka woke to the feeling movement. Her arms hurt badly for some reason.

" I see you're awake." a voice called out.

Ahsoka blinked away the tiredness, " Lux? Lux...where...where are we." she tried to get up, but was stopped. That's when she realized the straps holding her to the chair.

 " Lux, what.have.you.done." she sent a death glare to the back of his head.

Lux placed the ship in autopilot and took the seat next to her instead, " I'm really sorry about this Ahsoka. I wish it didn't have to be this way." he said sincerely.

Ahsoka couldn't even look at him. He was supposed to be her friend and he just kidnapped her and was bringing her to who knows who.

" Why." she asked.

What did I do to you that made you do this?

" I made a deal with someone. They promised me information about Dooku." he admitted looking at the ground.

" Dooku? Why do you need to know about Dooku?!" Ahsoka shouted.

Lux bit his lip, grimacing at her tone.

" Answer me!"

He stood up glaring at Ahsoka, " Because he killed my mother!!"

Ahsoka felt bad for him. His mother was one of the reasons that she became more open to both sides... the reason she was open to him.

 " I'm sorry to hear that Lux, I really am, but what does that have to with me?"

Lux started to pace around her, " I've been trying to find out where Dooku is for a while now. One day I got a strange call. They offered me Dooku's whereabouts if I...if I captured you." 

" Who?" Ahsoka had an idea, but now that would be impossible.

" Her name is Akorra."

     " She did what Sir?!" Rex exclaimed.

" She ran away. She's somewhere in the depths of Coruscant." Anakin said with his head hung low.

Rex didn't know how to process the information that he was just handed. His Commander had runaway. What would make her run. He couldn't help feel that he was part to blame. After Fives he tried to talk to her.

I should have tried harder. I wasn't there for her.

" Rex, can you ready a small group of our best men to help with the search. We don't want a lot of people to know about this, it needs to stay on the down low." 

" Of course Sir." Rex saluted and went off to prepare the men.

" Are we all set Anakin?" Obi Wan asked walking up to him with Plo Koon.

Anakin nodded, " Almost Master I just ordered Rex to-" 

" Hold that thought Anakin." Obi Wan turned away to answer his comm.

" So Lil'Soka has been getting worse since I last saw her?" Plo asked with a lot of hurt in his voice. 

Anakin didn't want to tell him. They were close, he knew Ahsoka looked up to him and he practically viewed her as a daughter, " Yes. It got worse. A lot happened to add to what she was going through already. One of my troopers, Fives, was murdered right in front of her. They were good friends. She blamed herself for his death."

Plo kept his composure on the outside, " I see. It is urgent that we find her quickly before she thinks of doing something that...she won't be able to regret." Plo couldn't shake the thought out of his head of his founding ever killing herself, but the situation had escalated to where it was very possible that she might.

Anakin hadn't taken to account that Ahsoka might want to take her life. It scared him even more than ever now that there was no one to stop her.

" Anakin, Master Plo," Obi Wan said almost hoarsely, " Akorra has escaped."

Hey y'all. I don't know why this chapter took so long to write. I ran into some writers block in the middle of it, which is always lovely.

I hope y'all had a great Wednesday!

-Chopper457 🧡💙🤍