Chapter 31

" What the hell did he do to her." Rex snarled, scared for his vod'ika's life.

Anakin was gripping the comm so hard in his hand that it smash into pieces. Ahsoka had told him of Lux. He never liked the fact that she was friends with a Separatist, but it didn't seem like any trouble at the time. All that changed though. Once he found Bonteri, he would make sure that he never spoke again.

" I don't know Rex, but we're gonna find them. See if Obi Wan or Master Plo have found anything on Akorra's whereabouts. I need some air." Anakin hastily left. 

Once outside he let out an angry yell. He punched the side of the motel building over and over again until there was a fist shaped hole plastered in it. He placed his flesh hand against part of the wall that he didn't break and rested his head on it, taking deep breaths to calm himself down. He was furious at Lux, but even more with himself.

" This is all my fault. I'm a horrible Master!" he muttered.

" General, I can assure you you're not a horrible Master." Anakin should have sensed him, but he didn't so he jumped when Rex spoke.

" Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, sir." 

" No, it's my fault Rex, I seem to be a little off these days." he responded. " I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried to help her the best I can, but my best was never enough."

Rex looked at his General with sympathy. He couldn't bare hearing him put himself down for actions that he couldn't control. " All due respect sir, but you're wrong. Think of where she would be without you there to guide her. Honestly, if it weren't for you then I fear that things would be a lot worse than they already are." 

Though his Captain's words did make him feel better, it still didn't make the guilt go away, but there was nothing more he could do about it now. It was what he did next that mattered.

" The others went to regroup with the other generals. They found traced where Akorra fled to."

" That's good to hear." Anakin sighed in relief. He was nervous that they wouldn't have a lead, then again, it didn't make sense to why the Bonteri kid abducted his padawan. They must be connected somehow, but that's where he was stuck. " We should get going then. Don't want to keep them waiting." 

He called for a pickup. " Thanks Rex." he placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a thankful smile. He didn't know what he would do without his Captain, his legion, Obi Wan, Padme...Ahsoka. His family.

" Anytime, sir." 

The transport arrived quickly. Anakin was fidgeting the whole ride back. He finally stopped when he saw Obi Wan. 

" Master!" he leapt off the transport. " Where did she escape to?"

" It looks like we're going to Mandalore." Obi Wan answered.

" Mandalore? But that's a neutral planet. They don't have any allies there." 

" I wouldn't be so sure. I asked some of the clones that survived the attack. I believe that Akorra is working with Death Watch." he mused.

" That wouldn't explain Lux Bonteri-" 

Obi Wan held a hand out to stop him. " Wait, Lux Bonteri? You mean that scrawny Separatist senator. What does he have to do with any of this?"

" We found a recording of him and Ahsoka talking...well more of him hurting Ahsoka. I heard a stun gun at the end of it. I assume he's also working with Death Watch which is why he kidnapped her." 

" That does make the situation more difficult. I wonder why he would be working with them. though. He wouldn't get anything out of it."

" I'm wondering the same thing too, but we can't wait around for him to tell us." Anakin and Obi Wan both walked towards the Resolute that was awaiting them. Anakin kept the same sombe expression on his face. 

Obi Wan glanced at him. " We know where they are Anakin, it won't be much longer until she's back here with us." 

" I know. I'm just worried. All of this seems to much for her. She's going through so much already. She didn't need this too. I'm afraid how this will effect her." he admitted.

" I'm worried for her as well. So is everyone on this ship. Usually I wouldn't be so cocky about times like this, but I don't think Death Watch or whoever else is apart of it stands a chance against all of us. Ahsoka is more than a padawan. She's a friend...a family member."

Anakin was shocked by Obi Wan's speech. He was always strict on the no attachment rule, then again it was Ahsoka they were talking about. She was a kid who was forced to fight a war. Once she came along, everyone changed. She was the light in the dark times. Obi Wan had spent probably about as much time around her as he did. They had even formed a small bond. In his master's words he just realized how much Ahsoka meant to him as well.

" Let's get our  padawan back." Anakin said, determined to retrieve his lost apprentice. 

Sorry it's late, but here it is :D

-Chopper457 💙🧡🤍