Chapter 7

Finally everything was silent. Including the voices.

Ahsoka could only hear her own breath rapidly inhaling and exhaling.

She took a few seconds to calm herself down. Taking her hands and the pillow off her montrals, she sat up and gazed out of her small window overlooking the city of Coruscant.

That was until she heard a light knock.

Swallowing down her emotions she used the force to unlock the door and hers masters in.

Anakin and Plo were both saddened by the state that the girl they had a deep bond with was currently in.

" Ahsoka?" Anakin asked quietly sitting down next to her.

This time Ahsoka couldn't hold back her tears of everything that she had endured and felt in the past few days, weeks and years. It all came out.

Anakin let her cry into his robes.

" Shhhh. Its okay, its okay, I'm here." he cooed.

Plo sat down on the opposite side of her and rubbed her back. 

He could feel her shoulders move up and down as she cried. The sadness, anger, fear, frustration, nervousness and doubt radiated off of the girl.

It reminded him of the time when he first found her alone roaming the streets of Shili. She was half starved and very weak.  It made his heart ache to even think about her like that.

Ahsoka felt the warm tears roll down her face and into her Master's garments.

You failed.

You're pathetic. Do you see yourself right now. Crying to your Masters? You couldn't even go a day without breaking down. What about the promise to yourself?

The harsh voices came back and plagued Ahsoka's mind with dark thoughts. It only made her cry and panic more.

" Th-they're back." her voice trembled not knowing what to do.

She pulled herself away from Anakin and Plo. She held her head as the voices pounded getting louder and louder. They were yelling at her everything that she wanted to so desperately to forget.

" Anakin make them stop!" she shouted over the words.

Anakin looked at Plo for help. 

" ANAKIN!" Ahsoka shouted much louder.

WHAT DO I DO?!  Anakin panicked

He tried to send calming force waves to her, but it was obvious it wasn't working.

" Master Plo!" Ahsoka wailed still hearing all of her failure inside of her mind.

Plo grabbed a hold of his foundling and cradled her in his arms.

" Deep breaths Lil'Soka. Think of something that makes you laugh." he soothingly told her.

Ahsoka did as he said.

She thought back to the time she, Fives, Jesse and Kix pranked Anakin by making his room into a personal beach. 

" There you go." Plo praised her, sensing that the stress was lowering.

Soon she was asleep in his arms.

Anakin looked at his now peaceful padawan. He was glad she was asleep, but also felt guilty that he couldn't be much help when she needed him the most.

He took his Snips from Plo and placed her back in her bed.

 He closed her window so the daylight wouldn't wake her. She clearly didn't sleep the night before. The masters exited her room leaving Ahsoka to sleep soundly.