Chapter 10

" Something on your mind Snips?" Anakin asked as they left the council chambers. They had been assigned a mission to Shili . Ever since Yoda had mentioned the planet's name Ahsoka seemed to have zoned out.

Ahsoka looked straight ahead with a slight frown on her face.

" I hate Shili."

Anakin glanced sideways at his padawan. He understood how she felt, after all every time Tatooine was mentioned he got flashbacks of his mother dying in his arms. Ahsoka must have been experiencing a similar feeling he guessed.

" We won't be there for long. All we have to do is make sure that the Separatist aren't trying to make anyone join them against their will." 

Ahsoka didn't say anything other than nod to give her master a response.

They met a few other clones in the hanger and set course for Shili.

     Ahsoka propped her chin on her hand and stared out into hyperspace. She could feel her master's eyes looking at her without seeing him. He was probably worried for her, but she had promised herself that day to be strong, not a weak youngling like she had been for so many years.

Pull on her best act she turned her head to face Anakin.

" Is there something you want Master?" she asked sarcastically smiling in the smallest way possible.

Anakin opened his mouth, but closed it. He wasn't sure what to ask her without getting shutdown. He licked his chapped lips before trying again.

" I can tell you're uneasy. Wanna talk about it?" he offered in hopes that she would.

Ahsoka wanted to spill everything to him. She needed someone to listen to her, but she decided not to bother him with her problems.

" I just... never mind it's not that important." she quickly withdrew from telling him, snapping her glance back towards the view of hyperspace. She did however catch a glimpse of Anakin's hurt facial expression.

I'm sorry Anakin.

Anakin let out a defeated sigh.

It was worth a try.

His heart ached for his padawan. She had been through so much at such a young age. 

War had ruined her childhood. She was forced to grow up too soon. Lead troops into battle who relayed on her decisions on whether they survived or not . Anakin realized how lucky we has to have somewhat of a normal life before the Jedi. Even though he wasn't free as he was still a slave, he at least had time to be with his mother. Ahsoka was taken from her parents at the age of three. He was sure she probably didn't even remember her. 

He took it upon himself to try and make the war more tolerable for her. He had made up game for her. They would keep track of how many droids they killed and compare the numbers in the end. Some nights as a treat they would go out to the local diner. Other times he would let Padme take her into the city to go sight seeing. He tried as hard as he could to make the war fun enough to be called her childhood.

Everyday she had changed more and more, becoming aware of her surroundings and responsibilities a teenager should never have.

Anakin cleared his throat, starting another conversation with her.

" Pretty isn't it." he admired the blue lights of hyperspace.

" Yeah, its really calming."

" Did I ever tell you that when I was younger I used to be afraid of space?" 

Ahsoka cocked her head and stared at him in disbelief. " You were afraid?"

Anakin nodded his head. " The first few times I was scared of the vast emptiness. Nervous that I would get lost or attacked and die alone."

Anakin saw that Ahsoka was hanging onto every word he was saying so he continued. " One day I refused to board the ship. Obi Wan practically had to drag me on." He chuckled at the memory of it. " But he told me something that I haven't forgotten still to this day. He told me...

" It's okay to be scared. Everyone is scared of something, but you can't let that fear control you. Its not a sign of weakness, its a sign of growth. Remember that you are never alone, asking for  help is being brave young one."  Anakin quoted thinking back to that moment in time.

Ahsoka pondered on everything he had just said.

Maybe I should tell him.

She was about to when they dropped out of hyperspace. Shili was in full view, bringing back old memories that she had spent most of her life trying to put behind her.

Ahsoka got up from her seat walking towards the cockpits's exit.

" I'll get the men ready."  she said leaving Anakin by himself.

Happy Mandalorian Friday!!!! Anyone else wake up early just to watch the first episode...Just me?

I hope everyone had a great day😊 Also who's excited for Halloween tomorrow👻

Love y'all,

-Chopper457🧡💙🤍